Full Time Property Manager
An opportunity to join our thriving Lettings Team in Haywards Heath.
- Action maintenance requests from tenants in managed properties following consultation with Landlords as necessary.
- Handle calls/emails from and to tenants, landlords and contractors in a timely fashion.
- Complete the feedback loop to ensure all parties informed of situation (including internally as necessary).
- Ensure costs are efficiently managed on behalf of Batcheller Monkhouse Lettings clients.
- To organise and action property maintenance on the property lettings portfolio (for example refurbishment of a bathroom, redecoration, repairing a leaking tap etc.)
- Liaising with tenants, landlords, and contractors to ensure quotes are received for maintenance work, landlords approve quotes and this work is completed satisfactorily.
- To carry out regular planned property visits in line with the property profile and status.
- To provide a summary report of the visit including items for immediate action, items for long term action and supporting evidence. Make recommendations to the landlord to enhance the property and maintain high yield.
- To attend a pre Tenancy inspection to ensure a smooth check-in.
- To organise and project manage all remedial work required as a result of the visit. With the landlord, tenant and contractor
- To organise annual gas safety and electrical certificates on all properties where appropriate and agreed with the landlords.
- Keep the property database up to date with all tasks.
- To support the Lettings department and help out with other Lettings duties as and when required, such as viewings.
- Clean full driving license
- Well-developed customer services, communication, writing and listening skills
- Able to professionally resolve conflict that may arise from time to time
- Excellent telephone manner
- Great interpersonal skills
- A working knowledge of the Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge of the deposits procedure.
- ARLA technical qualification or willing to work towards
- Able to operate Reapit system, or training given
- Good understanding of property maintenance.
- Background in customers’ services within a maintenance environment.
- Working hours: 8.30am-5.30pm, Monday – Friday. Every fourth Saturday on a rota basis 9.00am-1.00pm.
- Holidays: 20 days plus bank holidays.
- Salary: £19-£23k per annum depending upon experience
- Petrol Allowance
- Company Pension after qualifying period.
Please apply with a CV to Jane Poile on: firstname.lastname@example.org