SENIOR CHARTERED TOWN PLANNER
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Planner to join the planning team in our Tunbridge Wells Office. The role will involve providing professional planning advice to external clients and other teams within the multidisciplinary business as well as preparing, making and running a broad range of planning applications. Under guidance of the team leader, the senior planner will be expected to carry their own case load. A firm grasp of the UK Planning system, process and legislation is therefore essential. This is a client facing role and the right candidate would be expected to have excellent communication skills and to represent and positively promote the planning team and wider business. This role would suit someone with 2-3 years post qualification experience in either planning consultancy or development management.
- Working as part of the planning team to deliver a range of Planning and Development projects.
- Writing and reviewing planning deliverables to a high standard. This includes development appraisals, Planning Statements, Appeal Statements, Local Plan/Policy representations and relevant Environmental Statement chapters where necessary.
- Preparation, management and negotiation of planning submissions. This will include working alongside and project managing other disciplines.
- Provide professional planning advice and support to other areas of the business.
- Responsible for own client accounts and all areas of client care.
- Helping with or leading on the preparation of fee proposals and tenders
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues within the team and across the firm.
- Helping to bring additional work opportunities to the planning team through building strong relationships with existing and future client base.
- Thinking both creatively and logically to apply planning experience and knowledge to secure beneficial planning strategies.
- Where appropriate, responsibility for the financial monitoring of projects, document control, progress reporting and other project management tasks.
- Where required attendance at events and meetings outside of normal working hours e.g. attendance at planning committee other company promotional/professional events.
Essential Qualifications & Skills
- A degree qualification in a relevant Planning or related degree (accredited to the Royal Town Planning Institute).
- Existing Chartered Membership of the RTPI.
- Experience will ideally include recent development planning or development management experience in private or public sector.
- Strong technical ability with excellent understanding of current town planning issues and the town planning process.
- Excellent written, oral, numerical, organisational and communication skills.
- Strong team working capabilities.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to apply knowledge to practical situations.
- Positive commitment to team and personal project delivery.
- Commercial focus.
- Experience in project management of planning submissions.
- Commercial experience in Town Planning in a consultancy environment.
- Working knowledge of or interest in EIA.
- Interest in rural developmemt
To apply for this role, please send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org