The Rural Payment Agency on-line system is now open for business. Whilst the deadline for submission of 2019 claims is still some weeks away it is never too soon to check that all your details and requirements are correct. Below is a summary of some of the key issues to consider:
- Check payment for 2018: approximately £230/hectare or £93/acre.
- Check your claim statement for any incorrect RPA penalties.
- Check that your maps are up to date.
- If you have entitlements to buy or sell, contact Tom Prower on 01444 412402.
- If you are an arable farmer check that you will meet the two or three crop rule and that you have enough Ecological Focus Areas (EFA) this year.
- Young Farmers, i.e. under 40, might be able to apply for a supplement to their claim.
- Check that you are meeting the latest Cross Compliance rules as set out in the Guide to Cross Compliance in England 2019.
Our clients will always receive a truly bespoke service provided by a dedicated and highly experienced Partner-led team. Our services include Estate Agency, Equestrian and Rural Agency, Lettings, Estate Management, Valuations, Planning and Telecommunications. Offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.