Our Planning Team were instructed to prepare various applications to support the diversification of Goldenlands Farm in Dorking.
- Goldenlands Farm is large and well-established farm on the edge of Dorking.
- The site is located within the Mole Valley district.
- Since using contractors and scaling back on dairy farming many of the farm buildings are now under-utilised or redundant.
- Batcheller Monkhouse were instructed to advise on alternative uses for the buildings. New uses would need to be compatible with ongoing farming operations still undertaken from the yard, and the Green Belt location of the site.
- Whilst Green Belt and countryside policies are restrictive over new forms of development, permitted development rules do allow for the conversion of farm buildings to new non-agricultural uses.
- Applications have now been submitted to convert two buildings into storage units and one cluster of three buildings into a dwelling.
Planning permission was approved in May 2019.