Our Planning Team were instructed to prepare a Planning Application for the conversion of and alterations to an agricultural building to form a studio/workshop (Class B1). The building is located in the Metropolitan Green Belt.
- The site comprises a largely redundant agricultural barn located with the main yard of Home Farm, Dorking.
- The site is located in the Mole Valley district.
- The owner wanted to convert the building into a workshop for rent to a local company.
- The remainder of the yard would continue in agricultural use and a workshop use was considered to be compatible with this.
- Alterations were required to the building which went beyond the provisions of permitted development under Class R. A planning application was therefore submitted for both the change of use and the works to the building.