The Gin Kitchen, Goldenlands Farm, Dorking
Change of use of and extension to a former agricultural building to form a micro-distillery, tasting room and shop.
Our Planning Team were instructed to prepare a part retrospective planning application for the change of use of a traditional farm building to form a micro-distillery and shop, and an extension to provide a tasting room.
- Goldenlands Farm is a large established dairy and arable farm just outside of Dorking.
- The cessation of dairy and increased use of contractors has led to a number of farm buildings becoming under-used or redundant.
- The farm is exploring a number of diversification projects to help support the farming business.
- The Gin Kitchen began operating from one of the more traditional buildings in the yard in 2018, establishing a micro-distillery for the production of spirits.
- Batcheller Monkhouse were instructed to assist with the regularisation of the use of the building and its extension.
Planning permission was approved in June 2019.