Batcheller Monkhouse are proud to work with the leading supplier of long-term funding for the agricultural sector, the Agricultural Mortgage Corporation (AMC). As AMC Agents, we can provide you with tailored funding to support most rural business activities. You’ll benefit from simple, flexible, and affordable lending to support your consolidation, growth, or diversification plans.
Who are the AMC?
The AMC has over 90 years’ experience lending to the agricultural sector, specialising in long-term mortgages and loans for farms and rural businesses. They understand the challenges and opportunities in the agricultural sector.
If you are a farmer, landowner, or owner of an agricultural business the AMC is the obvious choice if you require a loan or additional finance. Although some mainstream banks have specialist teams, the AMC is the acknowledged expert when it comes to providing farming loans and finance. Unlike other banks, AMC does not get involved in day-to-day banking, allowing them to focus on what they do best.
What are the benefits of an AMC Standard Loan?
The AMC’s Standard Loan allows you to borrow from £25,001 upwards. When we help you access this finance, and you will receive a swift response on your funding proposal. You will also benefit from:
- Competitive mortgage rates, with interest-only and repayment options available, or a blend of both, on a variable or fixed rate basis.
- Rates that can be set for the life of the agreement, unlike many other secured loans or overdraft agreements.
- No annual reviews or the need to see annual accounts. We leave you to get on with the business of farming.
- No early repayment charges for variable rate loans.
- Finance secured against land as well as property to help you increase the capital you can raise.
- Loans and mortgage agreements can be transferred to the next generation.
- Access to the AMC’s experienced and knowledgeable support teams who understand the sector’s unique funding needs.
- Funding decisions that can be approved in principal before you make a sealed bid or go to auction.
*Please note that the above are subject to AMC credit criteria and your obligations to AMC continuing to be met.
Who can access AMC funding?
Whether you are a sole trader, partnership, limited company or trust, providing you are an agricultural, horticultural, equine or other commercial land-based business you can access the AMC’s competitive funding.
All lending must be for business purposes only and will be provided on a secured loan basis. It can be used to support numerous opportunities including:
- Land purchase
- New equipment or machinery
- Building new or improving current structures
- Diversification plans
- New stock
- Buying a farm tenancy
- Refinancing current debt
- Working capital support
- Paying out a business/family partner to gain sole control
* There is always a possibility that interest rates may go down leaving a fixed rate loan at a higher level compared to a variable rate loan. However, if interest rates rise, a fixed rate loan will remain at the same rate.
How can Batcheller Monkhouse help?
As an AMC Agent we have helped our clients find tailored and competitive agricultural loans through our strong relationship with corporation. We can provide expert guidance on your financial needs and a quick decision.
AMC loans available for business purposes only, provided on a secured loan basis. Minimum AMC standard loan £25,001. To meet customer requirements, lending criteria will vary. Lending is subject to status. Visit the AMC official website for more information here.
We adhere to The Standards of Lending Practice which are monitored and enforced by the LSB: www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk. For more information and to discuss your project please contact one of our professionals: