North Trade Road, Battle, East Sussex, TN33
- Battle town centre and station about 1 mile
- Converted Oast House with traditional roundel
- Separate useful outbuilding
- Long driveway approach
- Grounds of about 0.34 of an acre
- Countryside views
**Guide Price £900,000 - £950,000**
An extremely striking and totally unexpected Oast House, discreetly tucked away about 300 yards off one of Battles more popular thoroughfares, North Trade Road.
Comprising a detached oast house with good grounds and a detached barn/workshop. The property is of brick construction beneath a tiled roof with a traditional oast and roundel.
The main features of the property include:
• Entrance hall approached via a timber panelled door, a most attractive introduction to the house, with oak wooden flooring and painted brick walls, exposed beams, door to guest cloakroom with WC and wash hand basin and space for coats.
• A panelled door leads to the drawing room, a generously proportioned room, again with oak flooring and an exposed brick wall incorporating an inglenook-style fireplace with solid fuel burner and bressummer beam. Beams to the ceiling and glazed double doors leading out to the terrace and the garden beyond.
• The sitting room room is a most appealing circular room, currently used as a reading/music room, with an extensive range of fitted bookshelves, beams to the ceiling, and triple aspect.
• The kitchen/breakfast room is another impressive space at the heart of the house with an extensive range of painted wooden kitchen units with wooden worktops, exposed brick to one wall, plumbed for washing machine and tumble dryer. Stirling five-ring gas stove with three ovens below and overhead extractor, double ceramic basin, fitted dishwasher. A useful walk-in larder and glazed double doors out to a side patio.
• Door to the dining room (currently used as a bedroom), again with oak flooring and an extensive range of bookshelves and storage units. There is a panelled door to an en suite shower room with glazed and tiled shower cubicle, WC and wash hand basin, part tiled walls.
• From the reception room folding glazed double doors open onto a sunny garden room overlooking the garden and with glazed double doors leading out to the side terrace. With only minor adaptation, this area of the house could serve as a granny annexe/self-contained area.
• First floor an attractive split-level landing with timber beams provides access to bedroom 2/oast room. A feature of the house, being fully circular and with a triple aspect over the wraparound gardens.
• There are three further bedrooms on this first level, one of which is currently used as a study, and offers lovely views over the garden and countryside beyond.
• These rooms are served by a family bathroom with panelled bath, separate tiled and glazed shower cubicle, pedestal wash hand basin and WC. Tiled floor and part tiled walls.
• Four steps lead from the first floor landing to a second level where there is a panelled timber door to the principal bedroom, a most attractive room with vaulted ceilings and painted beams, Velux window and a double aspect over the gardens and countryside. Door to dressing room with a good range of fitted wardrobes and storage and a further door leads to the en suite bathroom, again with panelled bath, separate glazed and tiled shower cubicle, pedestal wash hand basin and WC, tiled floor and part tiled walls, heated towel rail.
• A further bedroom on this level provides good built-in wardrobes and a bright double aspect.
To the front of the house is a gravel forecourt and driveway providing parking for numerous cars and with a brick and timber detached building which may originally have served as a garage but now functions as an extremely useful garden/workroom. The gardens surround the house with an enclosed gated area, paved terrace with a gate leading out to the central section of garden.
The view from the paddock and gardens is extremely green and attractive, overlooking neighbouring countryside and with views back towards the centre of Battle and its famous Abbey.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
High Beech Lane, Lindfield, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16
**Guide Price £925,000 - £975,000** An individually designed 5/6 bedroom house of around 2,482 sq ft with contemporary style and a versatile layout lending itself well to live/work accommoda...