Park Farm House, Junction Road, Bodiam, East Sussex, TN32
- Glorious rural location
- Mainline station 5 miles
- Unlisted period farmhouse
- Substantial outbuilding
- Swimming pool
- About 3.1 acres
An attractive and very appealing period farmhouse of mixed ages (not Listed) forming a wonderful family home with glorious views, substantial brick barn, swimming pool and grounds of about 3.1 acres. EPC E
Park Farm House is an attractive and very appealing period farmhouse of mixed ages (not Listed), the elevations being brick, part tile hung beneath a roof which was re-tiled in 2017. The flexible accommodation is ideal for a family and has been the much loved home of the present owners since 1982.
There is oil-fired central heating, some double glazing and 16 solar panels fitted in 2020 on the roof above the family sitting room.
The main features of the property include:
• Double doors to enclosed front porch with stone flagged floor and doors to the full length hall with doors opening into the south-facing garden.
• Inner hall with bookshelves and staircase to the first floor, trap door to cellar.
• The attractive drawing room has an open fireplace set in a marble surround, square bay window, fitted display shelving with cupboard beneath, double aspect with southerly views. Door to enclosed porch.
• The kitchen/dining room has a brick inglenook-style fireplace with woodburner, double doors to the west-facing garden, quarry tiled floor.
The kitchen section is fitted with oak units, and comprises glazed Belfast sink with granite work surfaces, Siemens electric hob with extractor above, Siemens double oven, integrated fridge freezer and dishwasher, central island unit/breakfast bar with cupboards and drawers beneath, range of wall cupboards, cupboard housing the oil-fired central heating boiler.
• The utility/cloakroom has a glazed Belfast sink, work surface, plumbing for washing machine and dryer, storage cupboards, space for upright deep freeze, basin with cupboard beneath and WC. It also has the inverter and battery for the Solax solar panels.
• The study has a range of bookshelves.
• Wonderful family sitting room with a brick fireplace with woodburner, vaulted ceiling, double aspect and doors to the south-facing garden.
• Ground floor double bedroom 5 with an en suite wet room having shower, basin and WC.
• On the first floor there is an attractive landing. The main bedroom has a fireplace and a built-in cupboard, door to large en suite bathroom with rolltop bath, pedestal basin, bidet, WC and a range of cupboards along one wall.
• Bedroom 2 is double aspect to enjoy the views, and has a built-in storage cupboard and wardrobe cupboard.
• The family bathroom has a bath with shower attachment, basin with cupboard beneath, and WC.
• There are two further double bedrooms, both double aspect, with built-in cupboards
The property is approached over its own drive leading off the farm lane through an electrically operated five bar gate and into a large gravelled turning/parking area to the rear of the house and adjacent to the substantial brick Barn 344 x 201. This has a slate roof which, in 2020, was strengthened and re-slated, and a mezzanine floor added to provide additional storage.
The Gardens and Grounds
These form a really delightful setting with, to the front, an area of south-facing walled garden having lawns, flower beds and herbaceous borders and a gravel path leading to the front door.
There is a selection of established trees and shrubs, and of particular note is a large rose bed bordering the parking area.
The majority of the garden lies to the rear, with an extensive lawn, and the sheltered heated swimming pool set in a paved surround. The vegetable garden has four raised beds.
Beyond is an area of paddock in all about 3.1 acres.
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough, Tunbridge Wells and an associated London office.Book Now
Lewes Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH17
A stunningly refurbished and substantial wing of excess 3,200 sq ft located on the outskirts of Lindfield and Haywards Heath with many period features and extensive private gardens and grounds of abou...