Wartling, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27
- Rural village location
- Mainline station about 3.2 miles
- Period cottage (not Listed)
- Off-road parking
- South-facing garden
**Guide Price £680,000 - £730,000**
A charming, 4-bedroom period cottage (not Listed) attractively situated in this small rural village, with off-road parking, garage/studio and pretty south-facing manageable sized garden. EPC E.
Court Farm Cottage is a charming, detached period cottage (not Listed) with the majority of rooms facing south to capture the maximum amount of sunshine, and including some exposed timbers and an inglenook fireplace.
The elevations are rendered and whitened with the upper section clad with white-painted weatherboarding beneath a tiled roof. Most of the windows are double glazed sealed units and there are two attractive bay windows overlooking the garden. There is oil-fired central heating.
The main features of the property include:
• Front door to spacious L-shaped entrance hall. Cloakroom with basin and WC and plumbing for washing machine, quarry tiled floor.
• The family room has a brick fireplace with woodburner, and there is a bay window overlooking the garden. Doors to a useful office with fitted bookcases, shelves, woodblock floor, access to the cellar and door to the garden.
• The attractive sitting room has an inglenook fireplace with woodburner, stable door to the garden, and an open tread staircase. There is a studwork division through to the dining room which has an oak floor.
• The kitchen/breakfast room has a glazed sink with wooden working surfaces, cupboards and drawers, plumbing for a dishwasher, space for a fridge. Belling electric range cooker, extractor hood, tiled floor, oil-central heating boiler, and door to the garden.
• There is a large landing/study area with shelved cupboard and timber floor.
• The principal bedroom has a range of wardrobe cupboards, double aspect and en suite bathroom with bath, basin and WC.
• There are three further bedrooms, two of which have wardrobe cupboards, and a family bathroom with bath, separate shower cubicle, basin and WC.
The front door is approached on the east side of the cottage from the lane.
The south-facing garden is a particular feature, being fenced and wall-enclosed with sheltered loggia/sitting out area providing seclusion and privacy, lawn, apple trees and a selection of flowering plants and shrubs to provide colour throughout the year.
The driveway is at the end of the garden where there is a detached garage 192 x 85, currently used as an art studio, which is insulated and with a concrete hardstanding area to the front. Brick and timber garden store 92 x 66, glasshouse.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation