Church Hill, Sedlescombe, Battle, East Sussex, TN33
- Spacious Grade II Listed family house
- Popular Sedlescombe village location
- Five bedrooms
- Period features
- Mature 0.83 acre gardens and grounds
- Battle train station about 3 miles
**Guide Price £975,000 - £1,050,000**
A delightful and exceptionally spacious Grade II Listed period house forming half of this former Rectory, benefiting from wonderful family accommodation, together with established gardens and grounds of about 0.83 of an acre.
Noble House forms one half of a substantial Grade II Listed country house which at one time was The Rectory and converted into two separate houses in 1982. The spaciously planned accommodation has good ceiling heights throughout and has retained many period features.
The elevations are part colour-washed brick with some tile hanging beneath a pitch tiled roof. There is gas-fired central heating.
The main features of the property include:
• Double opening arched doors to entrance hall with window seat and tessellated tiled floor, further oak arched part-glazed door to superb reception hall with ceiling to full height, elegant staircase to first floor. Cloakroom with WC, hand basin and below stairs cupboard.
• Magnificent drawing room with high ceiling, attractive marble fireplace with unusual window behind, double opening glazed doors leading to west-facing terrace, feature curved arched alcove, picture rail and attractive cornicing and ceiling rose.
• The sitting room has an outlook to the front towards Sedlescombe church and door leading to the dining room, a light double aspect room with stone fireplace and slate hearth (the sitting room and dining room have previously been one room).
• The kitchen/breakfast room has a twin butler sink inset into granite worktops with range of base and eye-level units, plumbing for washing machine, Range cooker with gas hob and electric ovens, and extractor hood above. A door leads into the useful utility room with a further 1½ bowl ceramic sink with drainer to the side, space below for washing machine and tumble drier, also space for fridge freezer and chest freezer.
• To the rear of the house is a lovely conservatory with tiled floor, where a glorious outlook is enjoyed and access to the west-facing terrace and to the beautiful gardens.
• A staircase leads to a galleried landing with space for a desk. The master bedroom has an attractive outlook over the garden and spacious en suite bathroom with panel-enclosed bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, pedestal wash basin and WC, heated towel rail.
• There are three further double bedrooms, one of which has a pedestal wash basin and another has a staircase leading to occasional bedroom 5 which looks towards Sedlescombe church.
• The family bathroom has a panel-enclosed bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, pedestal wash basin, WC, tiled shower cubicle and airing cupboard housing the hot water cylinder with immersion heater and cupboard to the side.
The Gardens and Grounds
Noble House is approached from the road through twin stone entrance pillars with an electronically operated five bar gate onto a pea beach parking/turning area which leads to the front door and onwards through a further five bar gate into an additional parking area. Here there is a double garage of brick construction beneath a tiled roof with up and over doors and an attached tool shed with light and power connected. Greenhouse.
To the rear of the house is a sheltered terrace ideal for outside dining and entertaining, and the gardens form an exceptional backdrop to Noble House, with wonderful clipped and shaped trees and shrubs including magnolia, bay, camellia, beech, acers, tulip, rhododendrons, roses, phormiums. There are areas of lawn and a selection of garden seats and shingle pathways.
There are two magnificent mature giant sequoias, a mature yew tree and a beech tree; at the far end of the garden is a compost/bonfire area.
In all about 0.83 of an acre.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Mayfield Grange, Little Trodgers Lane, Mayfield, East Sussex, TN20
**Guide Price £995,000 to £1,100,000** Set in the exclusive Mayfield Grange development number 19 is a beautiful, deceptively spacious, five/six bedroom detached family home with large garde...
Firgrove Road, Cross in Hand, Heathfield, East Sussex, TN21
**Guide Price £1,000,000 - £1,100,000** An attractive, detached house of appealing character (unlisted) with separate double garage and range of outbuildings, together with mature gardens an...