Church Road, Catsfield, Battle, East Sussex, TN33
- Charming Grade II Listed period cottage
- Three bedrooms
- Gardens of 1.57 acres
- Range of outbuildings
- Double garage
- Close to Catsfield village
**Guide Price £750,000 - £800,000**
An attractive, detached, Grade II Listed cottage of appealing character with separate double garage, off-road parking and a range of outbuildings, together with delightful gardens, situated in a semi-rural position on the fringes of Catsfield. In all about 1.57 acres.
Lantern Cottage is an attractive, detached, Grade II Listed cottage, the elevations being part brick and part weather-boarded beneath a tiled roof. There are period features evident throughout the cottage including a charming inglenook fireplace and exposed timbers. An oil-fired Esse cooker provides hot water and heating.
The main features are:
• Rear entrance lobby directly into an open-plan family/reception room with bay window overlooking the garden and with pretty stained glass leaded light windows through to the sitting room.
• The kitchen/dining/family room is triple aspect finished with Travertine flooring and fitted with a range of wooden base and wall units complemented with wooden worktops. Esse oil-fired range, butler sink, integrated Neff electric oven and Neff induction hob. Space for a washing machine, tumble dryer and dishwasher. Wall-mounted plate rack and space for large fridge freezer. Ample room for free-standing furniture creating an excellent entertaining and gathering area. Door to the side and garden.
• Steps lead up to the sitting room with an impressive inglenook fireplace, oak bressummer beam, raised brick and stone hearth with woodburner, and finished with oak flooring. Off the sitting room there is a small study, which is double aspect with exposed oak beams.
• The family bathroom is positioned on the ground floor, finished with Travertine flooring, partly tiled walls and a white suite comprising handwash basin, WC and bath with shower attachment.
• There are two staircases, positioned at either end of the house, providing access to the bedrooms.
• One staircase leads to two bedrooms with partly vaulted ceilings and some exposed oak beams; bedroom 2 benefits from some built-in cupboards together with an en suite shower room with tiled shower cubicle and Mira shower, white circular handwash basin and WC.
• A further staircase leads to bedroom 1 which has a range of built-in wardrobe cupboards and a small en suite shower room.
Lantern Cottage is approached through electric gates to a generous parking and turning area adjacent to an oak-framed double garage.
There is an excellent range of outbuildings comprising sheds, stores, greenhouses, a workshop and a large outbuilding positioned at the bottom of the garden.
The gardens are predominantly laid to lawn interspersed with mature trees, shrubs and well-planted flower beds. There is a delightful small apple orchard to one side of the property in addition to a mature quince tree and a mulberry tree.
The outbuilding to the rear of the garden benefits from a balcony providing some delightful countryside views, and has electricity, water and plumbing in addition to a woodburner.
There is a large paved terrace framed by a low brick wall to the rear of the house, creating a delightful area to sit and enjoy the garden and surrounding countryside.
In all about 1.57 acres
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation