Stoddards Lane, Beckley, Rye, East Sussex, TN31
£950,000Offers In Excess Of
- Spacious detached house of mixed ages
- Close to Beckley village
- Versatile accommodation
- Principal Bedroom with large balcony
- Double garage and attached Studio/store
- Driveway approach
- Swimming pool
- Gardens and grounds of about 1.6 acres
A very appealing and interesting detached house of mixed ages with spaciously planned flexible accommodation, in a rural but not isolated setting with country views and grounds of about 1.6 acres. EPC.E.
Woodside is an appealing and interesting detached house substantially extended and altered over the years to form a spaciously-planned family house with flexible accommodation and unusually well-proportioned rooms.
The elevations are brick clad with white painted weather-boarding, part tile hung beneath a part tiled and principally flat felted roof. There is oil-fired central heating.
The main features are:
• Covered porch with front door to entrance hall with cloakroom and stairs to first floor.
• The dining room has a brick fireplace with oak bressumer beam, flagstone hearth and woodburner, and tall glass-panelled windows either side of french doors opening onto a terrace.
• From the dining room, glass-panelled double doors open through to the drawing room 304 x 192 with inglenook-style brick fireplace and bressumer, stone hearth and wood burner, butler sink, painted floor, triple aspect with excellent natural light, and two sets of french windows leading out to the terrace, swimming pool and garden.
• The sitting room/bedroom 4 has a sliding door opening into the full-length conservatory.
• In addition, there is a family bathroom, excellent study with fitted book cases, and separate office.
• The farmhouse-style kitchen/breakfast room has an extensive range of units, tiled worktops, 4-oven oil-fired Aga, stainless steel eye-level double oven and grill, 4-ring ceramic hob, integrated dishwasher, etc. Door to utility/boot room with plumbing for washing machine and rear door to garden.
• The full-length landing has a door to the extensive attic storage space.
• Bedroom 1 is double aspect with double doors opening onto a large roof terrace. Two further good-sized bedrooms and family bathroom with separate shower unit and full size roll top bath.
Brick double garage 2511 x 186 with adjoining Studio/store 242 x 158.
The gardens and grounds form a delightful setting to Woodside, being approached over a driveway leading to a herringbone block paved parking area in front of the house with the drive continuing to the garage block behind.
To the front of the house is a raised paved terrace bordered by rose beds. The majority of the garden is laid to lawn, studded with a number of specimen and established trees to form a very mature setting.
The wonderful swimming pool 36 x 18 is set in a wide paved surround with raised lavender beds and captures plenty of sun throughout the day.
In all about 1.6 acres..
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation