Mount Street, Battle, East Sussex, TN33
- Central Battle location
- Grade II listed
- Beautifully presented
- Pretty private garden
- Detached Studio/garden room
- Mainline station (Battle) under 1 mile
**Guide Price £400,000-£425,000**
A highly attractive Grade II Listed terraced cottage at the very heart of historic Battle and offering delightful character-filled accommodation which has been the subject of much attention and improvement in the current owners time, together with a very pretty private rear garden.
20 Mount Street is an attractive, Grade II Listed, terraced cottage which the present owner has, in recent times, undertaken sympathetic improvements to create a very comfortable home. The elevations are colourwashed brick with the upper front white painted weatherboarding beneath a tiled roof. There is gas-fired central heating.
The main features of the property include:
• Front door to entrance hall with wooden flooring, understairs area for coats and boots, and a panelled door to the sitting room, a very charming and well-proportioned room with wooden flooring, built-in bookshelves and exposed ceiling beams. There is a fireplace with brick hearth and painted surround and a log burner.
• The dining room has wooden flooring and exposed beams. There is a fireplace currently with a log burner (which will not remain). One step up to the open-plan kitchen with a range of painted base units with wooden worktops and ceramic sink with drainer and mixer taps. There is a Smeg gas hob and double oven with overhead extractor. Slate tiled floor.
• The utility/boot room has a butler-style sink in wooden surround with mixer taps and fitted dresser. There is a further storage cupboard (which forms part of a small flying freehold with the property next door). Slate tiled flooring. Panelled timber door to cloakroom with WC.
• From the boot/utility room a door opens to a small passage with steps up to a terrace/sun trap, which in turns leads to a passageway which ultimately culminates in the private rear garden.
• The attractive first floor landing has an exposed beam, wide wooden floorboards and a small recessed area with shelves for display purposes.
• The principal bedroom is another character-filled room with wide painted wooden floorboards and exposed beams to the ceiling and walls. There is a built-in wardrobe cupboard and a further recessed area which serves as an additional wardrobe.
• The second bedroom is another generous double bedroom, again with wide wooden floorboards and a useful recessed area suitable for storage and/or wardrobe space, exposed beams.
• Bedroom 3/study is a compact but useful room, currently serving as an office, again with wide wooden floorboards and some built-in shelving.
• An open tread staircase from this area leads to the charming attic room in the eaves with a Velux window to the rear and some exposed beams. Recess suitable for storage.
To the rear of the property and approached from the boot/utility room is a passageway with brick steps leading up to a small terrace/suntrap area with a garden storage shed and further steps to a gravelled passageway that leads to a private area of rear garden.
This is a very pretty west-facing garden divided into different areas, one of which is paved and laid to gravel with an attractive arbour, perfect for al fresco dining. There are a number of beds, including several which have been used as a vegetable garden, and a picturesque pond surrounded by an area of lawn.
A raised timber deck offers access to the studio room of timber construction which currently serves as an artists studio and workshop, and could accommodate a variety of purposes including a home office or study.
To the side of the studio is the working area of the garden, with space suitable for garden storage, compost, etc.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
£400,000Offers In Excess Of
Church Lane, Salehurst, Robertsbridge, TN32
A charming and beautifully presented Grade II Listed terraced cottage situated in the sought-after hamlet of Salehurst, with a delightful garden and countryside views.3 Post Office Terrace is an attra...