Caldbec Hill, Battle, East Sussex, TN33
- Period cottage (not listed)
- Secluded lane setting
- Parking for 2-3 cars
- Open fireplace
- Useful utility/store room
- Courtyard garden
- Battle High Street 0.4 miles
- Battle mainline station approx 1.2 miles
**Guide Price £380,000 - £400,000**
Caldbec Cottage is an extremely attractive semi-detached period cottage (not Listed) in need of some updating, tucked away down a secluded residential lane just off Caldbec Hill, within walking distance of the town centre and benefiting from off-street parking for two to three cars and a small courtyard garden.
Caldbec Cottage is an extremely attractive semi-detached period cottage (not Listed), of 17th century origins, considered on the Battle Local Heritage List to be of architectural and historic significance and is deemed a heritage asset. The house is discreetly tucked away in a small residential lane just off popular Caldbec Hill. The
cottage would now ideally benefit from some updating but offers much charm and character.
The elevations are part rendered and part tile hung beneath a tiled roof. There is gas fired
• Front door to entrance hall. A panelled door leads to a rear lobby with a built-in storage cupboard and a door leading to the cloakroom with WC and wash basin.
The utility/store room has plumbing for a washing machine, good storage space and a door to the courtyard garden.
• The sitting/dining room is a nicely proportioned L-shaped room with distinct sitting and dining areas. The sitting area has a painted brick inglenook-style fireplace with bressummer beam, brick hearth and an open fireplace. This is a double aspect room with two windows overlooking the front garden and a further window overlooking the rear courtyard.
• There is an understairs storage cupboard and a panelled door leads to the kitchen/breakfast room with a range of wooden wall and base units, coordinating worktops, 1 ½ bowl stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, quarry tiled floor and a triple window overlooking the rear courtyard, gardens and countryside beyond. A timber panelled door leads to the courtyard.
• The first floor is approached via a bifurcated staircase with the main stairs
leading to the first floor landing where there is hatch access to a small loft.
• The principal bedroom is a comfortable double room with views over the front garden and beyond, with built-in storage cupboards. Bedroom 2 has similar views to the front of the house.
• The family bathroom features a panelled bath with mixer tap and shower attachment, separate electric shower unit, wash basin in vanity unit, WC, part tiled walls and vinyl tiled flooring. Linen cupboard.
• The secondary section of the staircase leads to a landing with bookshelves and a door to bedroom 3 which is a single bedroom with a built-in wardrobe and additional storage cupboard, range of bookshelves.
To the front of the house and approached via a short private lane just off Caldbec Hill is an area of hardstanding providing parking for two to three cars, along with a pretty and mature strip of garden.
To the rear of the house is the courtyard garden, a small but eminently useful space, with raised planters with a range of mature shrubs and flowering plants. A door leads to the utility/store room and there is a gate to a passageway to the side of the house.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
£400,000Offers In Excess Of
The Pantiles, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2
An elegant maisonette in the highly favoured picturesque Pantiles within easy reach of all the amenities of Tunbridge Wells including the mainline station. With its own access from London road and so...
Church Street, Warnham, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12
A substantial brick built end of terrace cottage with scope for refurbishment and a good size garden. Situated in the heart of the popular village of Warnham with butchers, newsagents/general store, ...
Banks Croft, Sullington Copse, Storrington, West Sussex, RH20
This beautifully presented, extended and recently refurbished three bedroom, two bathroom house is quietly situated at the end of a cul-de-sac in the popular village of Storrington with its wide range...