Skinners Lane, Catsfield, Battle, East Sussex, TN33
- Detached cottage
- Flexible accommodation
- Attractive front & rear gardens
- Village location
- Mainline station (Battle) 3.1 miles
- Ample parking
- 2,000 sq ft of accommodation
**Guide Price £700,000 - £750,000**
A highly desirable detached double fronted cottage set well back from popular Skinners Lane behind a deep front garden. The house offers surprisingly generous accommodation with an attractive landscaped rear garden and ample parking. EPC D
Newbliss Cottage is an attractive detached double fronted cottage set back from sought-after Skinners Lane in popular Catsfield. The house is arranged over two floors and offers surprisingly spacious accommodation. The attractive rear garden with its lovely views is a particular feature of the property. The elevations are painted render beneath a tiled roof. There are sealed unit double glazed windows throughout and oil-fired central heating.
The main features are:
• The entrance hall is a spacious and welcoming introduction to the house with glazed double doors to the sitting room, a nicely proportioned room with a painted mantelpiece with electric fire, and glazed double doors leading to the terrace.
• The kitchen/dining room, with its striking vaulted ceiling, is a particular feature of the house and offers a good range of painted base units with wooden worktops incorporating a butlers sink. There is a Cuisinemaster range with five rings and a hotplate and four ovens, with overhead extractor. Plumbing for washing machine and dishwasher, and space for an American-style fridge. There is ample space for family dining and glazed bi-fold doors lead out to the rear terrace.
• The utility/cloakroom sits adjacent to the kitchen and is plumbed for a tumble dryer and has a low level WC, wash basin and tiled floor.
• The ground floor bedroom is an excellent double room with a built-in wardrobe cupboard and views over the front garden. A part-glazed door leads to the Jack & Jill bathroom which has a panelled bath with mixer taps, separate tiled and glazed shower cubicle, pedestal wash basin, WC, heated towel rail, part tiled walls and tiled floor, airing cupboard and second door to the hallway.
• The study/bedroom is also situated to the front of the house with similar views over the front garden and beyond.
• The first floor landing offers a comfortable reading area and lovely views over the rear garden and neighbouring countryside.
• The principal bedroom is a generous double room with a window to the front and a recessed clothes storage area. Bedroom 2 is another good double room with recessed clothes storage area and access to the eaves storage. Bedroom 3 offers views over the rear garden and beyond and also has access to the eaves storage.
• The family bathroom has a panelled bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, pedestal wash basin, WC, heated towel rail, part tiled walls and tiled floor.
To the front of the house is an attractive and surprisingly private front garden with a range of shrubs and a mature tree with a treehouse.
There is a generous area of hardstanding providing parking for numerous cars and offering access to the garage/gymnasium.
The rear garden is something of a haven. There is a generous paved terrace with space for entertaining and al fresco dining, a further decked area, currently home to a hot tub, that leads to a useful side area of garden with a compost/working area and a gate to the front. The raised lawn is hedge enclosed and offers attractive rural views over neighbouring fields.
Council Tax Band D
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Churches Green, Dallington, Heathfield, East Sussex, TN21
A very appealing and beautifully presented detached character house enjoying views over farmland and situated in this favoured stretch of unspoilt rural countryside designated as an Area of Outstandin...