Telham Lane, Battle, TN33
- Beautifully presented detached period house
- Battle town centre and train station about 2 miles
- Four bedrooms
- Attached Studio
- Mature established gardens
- About 1.5 acres
**Guide Price £875,000 - £925,000**
A beautifully presented period house, enlarged and updated in recent years to form an exceptionally comfortable and well appointed family home, set within established grounds of about 1.5 acres and about 2 miles of Battle town centre and mainline station. EPC D
Telham Lodge is a beautifully presented detached period house (not Listed), updated in recent years to form an exceptionally comfortable and well-appointed family home.
The elevations are brick, colourwashed and half tile hung beneath a principally tiled roof. There is gas-fired central heating and sealed unit double glazed windows.
The main features are:
• Front door to attractive entrance hall with engineered oak floor and door to the central living room, also with an engineered oak floor, and opening through to the dining area with a range of book shelves along one wall and doors to the south-facing terrace.
• The dining area adjoins the well-fitted Neptune kitchen and has feature windows overlooking the garden. Twin glazed sink set into granite work surfaces with cupboards beneath, and inset Neff electric hob with extractor hood above; integrated Neff dishwasher; Neff steam-regulated oven and warming drawer. Central island with working surface, breakfast bar with pan drawers beneath. Walk-in larder cupboard having space for an upright fridge freezer. Travertine tiled floor to the kitchen and dining area.
• The cosy sitting room has an inglenook fireplace with fitted wood burner and there is also a separate study.
• The rear hall has a Travertine floor and a range of shelved cupboards. Door to a courtyard area and door to the dry cellar. Cloakroom with marble hand basin with cupboard beneath, WC and Travertine floor. Cupboard housing the gas-fired boiler and hot water cylinder. Utility room fitted with Neptune units comprising stainless steel sink, working surface with cupboards beneath and plumbing for washing machine.
• The staircase rises to an attractive landing. Bedroom 1 is triple aspect and has a range of wardrobe cupboards along one wall, door to the dressing room/bedroom 4, also with door to the landing, double aspect and adjacent to the bathroom, refitted by Neptune and having marble topped vanity unit with twin inset washbasins and drawers beneath, shower cubicle, and WC.
• Bedroom 2 has a period fireplace, range of cupboards and an en suite bathroom with bath having shower attachment, pedestal basin and WC. Bedroom 3 is double aspect and has exposed ceiling timbers.
This comprises an attached single storey small studio with its own separate front door and gas central heating system provided from the main house boiler. It comprises bed/sitting room; kitchenette with sink unit, working surfaces, cupboards and two-ring electric hob, shower room with basin, WC and shower cubicle.
Electrically operated entrance gates open onto a gravel drive with plenty of parking space for several cars and a detached double garage 207 x 174 with brick, block and weatherboarded elevations beneath a part-slate roof, double up and over doors.
The gardens and grounds provide an attractive mature setting to Telham Lodge, with a belt of established evergreen trees and shrubs, terraced areas including a delightful formal area of garden adjacent to the house with its own paving, flower and shrubs borders.
There are areas of lawn, oak, horse chestnut, willow and beech trees, together with a small spring-fed water garden with two rivulets running from an ornamental pond. The lower half of the garden has an orchard area with a variety of fruit trees and an aluminium framed glass house.
In all about 1.5 acres.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation