Wartling, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27
- Impressive Country house
- Well-proportioned rooms
- Detached 2 bedroom Cottage
- Wonderful mature gardens
- Swimming Pool
- In all approx. 2.3 acres
**Guide Price £1,300,000 - £1,450,000**
An impressive Grade II Listed Georgian Country House forming the major portion of the original Rectory, together with an excellent 2-bed detached Cottage and established gardens and grounds of about 2.3 acres commanding views over the Pevensey Levels nature reserve and the South Downs.
Wartling Place is a handsome, Grade II Listed, Georgian country house forming the major portion of the original Rectory, dating from 1726 with Victorian additions, and featuring well-proportioned and presented rooms. The property retains many of its original features with sash windows and cornices.
Ideal for a large family, dual family occupation or a home with potential for income.
The elevations are brick, colour-washed beneath a tiled roof. There is oil-fired central heating and some of the windows have internal handmade window shutters.
The main features of the property include:
• Double doors to entrance vestibule and further double doors to the reception hall with built-in linen cupboard. A door and steps lead down to the extensive three-roomed cellar. There is also an adjacent office.
• The impressive drawing room has a black marble fireplace, large picture windows with internal handmade wooden shutters, and side door to the garden.
• The dining room/sitting room also has a marble fireplace, fitted bookshelves and arched window recess with handmade wooden shutters.
• The breakfast room adjoins the kitchen, which is fully fitted with Theobalds Dorchester oak painted and distressed units and AEG appliances, door to utility room with plumbing for two washing machines. There is also a boiler/drying room and a cloakroom. Rear hall with a glazed Belfast sink, recess housing the oil-fired boiler and door to the garden.
• From the rear hall a door opens into a separate unit with access onto the driveway and comprising sitting room/bedroom 6, bedroom 7 and shower room.
• A formal staircase rises to an impressive landing on the first floor with doors to the large balcony overlooking the garden, and a cloakroom. The balcony has steps down to the courtyard garden.
• The impressive principal bedroom has a well-appointed bathroom, and there is also a similar guest bedroom with excellent bathroom.
• In addition, there are three further bedrooms, some with period features, each with large well-appointed en suite bathrooms, and most with fitted wardrobe cupboards.
• From the landing a staircase rises to the second floor with three attic rooms, two of which inter-communicate.
This comprises a detached, single storey cottage of brick and tile construction of some 688 square feet, converted to a high standard in 1999, with sealed unit double glazed windows and oil-fired central heating.
The accommodation comprises:
• Sitting Room with ornamental fireplace and doors to private terrace
• Well-fitted Kitchen/Breakfast Room
• Two Bedrooms
• Well-appointed Shower Room with walk-in shower
• Patio area with views over the surrounding countryside.
Gardens and Grounds
The beautiful gardens form a most wonderful and established setting to Wartling Place, with drive approach and ample parking for several cars, extensive areas of lawn studded with a selection of specimen trees and shrubs including two willows, magnificent magnolia, an Indian bean tree and a 400-year old sweet chestnut.
There is a private paved courtyard with water feature adjacent to the house and cottage. Also a useful brick and tile store room 114 x 68.
Timber garage/workshop 204 x 181 and a greenhouse. Fence-enclosed vegetable garden.
The swimming pool 34 x 18 has a heat exchange unit and is in a sheltered sunny location with wide paved surround and sunbathing area, pool house and security safety cover.
In all about 2.3 acres.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough, Tunbridge Wells and an associated London office.Book Now
Cuckfield Road, Ansty, Haywards Heath, RH17
A substantial 7 bedroom family home now in need of modernisation with a large steel frame barn and approximately 22 acres of land, located in a very convenient semi-rural position with southerly views...