Netherfield Hill, Battle, East Sussex, TN33
- Close to historic Battle town centre and station
- Grade II Listed period house
- Detached annexe
- Swimming pool and tennis court
- Range of farm buildings
- Established gardens and grounds of about 93.5 acres
**Guide Price £2,350,000 - £2,500,000**
Beautifully situated small country estate with drive approach, farmland views, set within its own 93.5 acres. Well-presented Grade II Listed period house, detached Annexe Cottage, Swimming Pool, Tennis Court, range of Farm Buildings, established garden and grounds. Planning consent for 4 Holiday Let units.
Rette Farm comprises a well-presented Grade II Listed farmhouse, sympathetically extended over the years to form an excellent and very comfortable family home. The elevations are stone and brick, half tile hung beneath a tiled roof. The interior has retained many fine period features including inglenook fireplaces and exposed timbering. There is an oil-fired central heating system together with sealed unit double glazed windows to the ground floor and secondary double glazed windows to the first floor.
Since purchasing the property in 2016, the current owners have undertaken a number of improvements, including installing underfloor heating throughout the ground floor; some ceilings have been replastered; new engineered oak and Travertine tiled flooring; new LED lighting throughout; rewiring; new drainage pipes; updating of some of the bathrooms; new electric gates to the driveway, and the creation of a two-bedroom cottage in a stone-built outbuilding.
The main features include:
• Front door to reception hall with Travertine tiled floor and handsome galleried landing.
• Delightful triple aspect drawing room with inglenook fireplace, vaulted ceiling at one end and door to the garden. The dining room has a wide stone inglenook fireplace, exposed timbering and a second brick fireplace to one end, together with a door to the garden.
• The study has exposed brick and stone walls and leads through to the inner hall, which has a cupboard beneath the secondary staircase and a further cupboard housing the oil-fired central heating boiler. Adjacent is the recently created wet room with basin, WC and shower space.
• The well-fitted kitchen/breakfast room has granite work surfaces with a range of cupboards and drawers, oak central island unit with matching bespoke store cupboard and recess for American-style fridge/freezer, electric/gas Britannia range cooker, and plumbing for a dishwasher. A door leads to the south-facing terrace and garden. The utility/boot room has a working surface, sink unit, plumbing for white goods, and a further door to the garden.
• The sitting room has a stone fireplace with woodburner, book shelves, and full height timber doors to the swimming pool area and garden.
• The first floor has a wonderful timbered galleried landing and the principal bedroom has an en suite dressing area with a range of cupboards, twin basins and a WC, leading through to a second section with a bath and separate shower cubicle.
• There are five further bedrooms, one with an en suite WC, two with period fireplaces, ample cupboard space and a separate fully tiled family bathroom with bath having shower attachment, basin and WC. The second floor has a narrow staircase to bedroom 7.
• High stone wall-enclosed area incorporating heated swimming pool and substantial brick and tile garden/play room 265 x 1510, all of which provides an excellent entertaining area.
Planning permission RR/2018/3024/P, decision date 16th November 2020, has been granted for the conversion of the existing stone outbuilding, barn, store and stables to form four Holiday Let units with additional mezzanine communal area within the main barn complex and replacement ground floor livestock area.
There are about 15 acres of mixed woodland, 9.3 acres of which were planted in 1997, with the remainder being hedge-enclosed pasture fields with sheep-proof fencing and having water connected. In addition, there is an attractive and secluded pond.
In all about 93.5 acres.
SPECIAL NOTE: There are no footpaths or rights of way crossing the land.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation