Hooe, Battle, East Sussex, TN33
- Handsome Grade II Listed House
- Far reaching rural views
- Spacious accommodation
- Detached 3 bay cart lodge garaging
- Hooe Village with amenities about 1.5 miles
- Battle railway station 7 miles
**Guide Price £900,000 - £950,000**
A very handsome Grade II Listed former farmhouse, understood to date from the 16th century, with scope to modernise and create further accommodation if required, wonderful rural views, attractive gardens, parking for several cars and a detached cart lodge triple garage. In all about 0.5 of an acre.
Parsonage Farmhouse is a very pretty detached Grade II Listed former farmhouse with brick elevations, part tile hung and part weatherboard beneath a tiled catslide roof.
The property has some double glazing, various inglenook fireplaces, exposed timbering and an oil-fired central heating system using a recently installed boiler.
The main features include:
• Entrance porch leading to a very good size L-shaped triple aspect drawing room 284 x 194 with inglenook fireplace fitted with a wood burner.
• Split level kitchen/breakfast room with terracotta tiled floor, four oven Aga, range of fitted cupboards, space for a dishwasher and door to the garden.
• The dining room has a brick floor, further inglenook fireplace and is double aspect.
• The family room/office/bedroom 4 has a large bay window overlooking the garden.
• The adjacent rear hall/study is double aspect and from here the back stairs lead to the first floor. Also on the ground floor there is a recently fitted shower/cloakroom.
• The main stairs lead up from an inner hall to a small landing, giving access to a bathroom and bedroom 3.
• The master bedroom is accessible from both staircases and is a very good size as well as being double aspect with a small inglenook fireplace (currently decommissioned).
• Beyond is bedroom 2 and a further bathroom with corner bath which some might feel could benefit from updating.
• A wooden attic ladder leads to the second floor and provides up to three further rooms which could be incorporated into the existing accommodation, subject to relevant consents
Parsonage Farmhouse is accessed via an unmade driveway shared with two other properties. A private gravel drive then leads to a parking/turning area in front of the detached three-bay cart lodge garage, with two open bays and double doors to the third.
Discreetly located on the rear elevation of the garage are some solar panels which provide an income of approximately £2,000 per annum.
The gardens surround the house, are laid to lawn and provide a very attractive backdrop with established flower beds, shrubs and trees, brick pathways, and a pond.
Adjacent to the rear is a paved sitting out area with covered porch and boiler room with sink. In all about 0.5 acres.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation