Boreham Street, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27
- Central village location
- Grade II Listed village house
- Recently refurbished
- Currently Tea Room/B&B business
- Commercial kitchen and cellar
- Garden and ample parking
**Guide Price £500,000 - £550,000**
Picturesque Grade II Listed attached village house (3,307 sq ft) recently refurbished, with a very pretty garden. Currently run as B&B and until recently a Tea Rooms planning consent received to change to private residential use. Great potential full residential or mixed commercial use.
Scolfes is a Grade II Listed timber-framed building of 3,307 sq ft, dating back to 1392, a three-bay Wealden Hall house of exceptional historical interest, being mediaeval in origin with 17th and 18th century alterations. The elevations are brick, rendered and colour washed beneath a tiled roof.
Many period features have been retained including exposed timbering and an inglenook fireplace. There are good ceiling heights throughout, and northerly views over open countryside from the first floor.
The present owners have undertaken a programme of refurbishment and updating in recent years, which includes new plumbing and oil-fired central heating with Megaflo boiler, re-wiring, redecoration and new bathroom fittings. There is secondary glazing to many of the windows and all the bedrooms have blackout internal shutters.
It is to be noted that the commercial area could be used for a multitude of retail/food and beverage purposes due to the relaxation in Government guidelines in September 2020.
The main features of the property include:
• Two front doors to sitting room and dining room (formerly the restaurant/tea room having the capacity for 42 covers and an additional 45 outside in the garden). The sitting room area has a brick floor, inglenook with wood burner and a purpose-built bar. There are two cloakrooms, one suitable for the disabled.
• From the dining room, steps lead down to the well-equipped commercial kitchen, with door to rear garden and steps down to the Norman vaulted crypt, arched dry cellar/storage area, with good ceiling heights.
• Also from the dining room a door opens into the inner hall, which has a brick floor, a linen cupboard and staircase to the first floor. There is also a door to an internal lobby with built-in bar and door to the terrace and rear garden.
• The owners accommodation/annexe comprises: fitted kitchen; sitting room/bedroom 5; bathroom with bath, shower attachment, basin and WC.
• The first floor has a landing and Bedroom 1 with 1392 original frame beam of a Wealden Hall house (determined by Cambridge University in 1990) across one wall and former fireplace, a door to the en suite bathroom/dressing room with bath having a shower attachment, basin and WC.
• Attic room/study accessed through Bedroom 1.
• Bedroom 2 enjoys country views and has an inter-communicating door to Bedroom 3 and to the en suite shower room with shower cubicle, basin and WC.
• Bedroom 4 enjoys country views and has a built-in cupboard and en suite shower room with basin, WC and shower cubicle.
The attractive garden/car parking area lies to the rear of Scolfes, with a full-length paved sitting out area adjacent to the house, lawns, flower and shrub borders, a further brick paved terrace, and vegetable garden area. In all about 0.28 of an acre outlined in blue on the site plan.
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough, Tunbridge Wells and an associated London office.Book Now
£500,000Offers In Excess Of
Etchingham Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN23
VIEWINGS STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY An historic mediaeval Grade II* Listed period house in need of substantial renovation, together with a detached single storey cottage and large outbuilding/garage...