Boreham Street, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27
- Central village location
- Grade II Listed substantial family home
- Recently refurbished
- Historically a successful Tea Rooms/B&B now approved as a residential dwelling
- 12th Century vaulted sandstone cellar
- Country garden and large parking area
**Guide Price £550,000 - £600,000**
A substantial, picturesque, Grade II Listed, attached village house of 3,307 sq ft, refurbished and updated in recent years. Ideal as a spacious family home with work from home/mixed commercial use potential, together with a very pretty garden and views across open countryside.
Scolfes is a Grade II Listed timber-framed building of 3,307 sq ft, dating back to 1392, a three-bay Wealden Hall house of exceptional historical interest, being mediaeval in origin with 17th and 18th century alterations. The elevations are brick, rendered and colour washed beneath a tiled roof.
Scolfes has until recently been run as a Tea Rooms/Bed & Breakfast but planning consent reference number WD/2020/2172/F has been achieved for the property to now be a private residential dwelling.
Many period features have been retained including exposed timbering and an inglenook fireplace. There are good ceiling heights throughout, and northerly views over open countryside from the first floor.
The present owners have undertaken a programme of refurbishment and updating in recent years, which includes new plumbing and oil-fired central heating with Megaflo boiler, re-wiring, redecoration and new bathroom fittings. There is secondary glazing to many of the windows and all the bedrooms have blackout internal shutters.
The main features of the property include:
• Two front doors to sitting room and dining room. The sitting room area has a brick floor and inglenook with wood burner. There are two cloakrooms.
• From the dining room, steps lead down to the kitchen, with door to rear garden and steps down to the Norman vaulted crypt, arched dry cellar/storage area, with good ceiling heights.
• Also from the dining room a door opens into the inner hall, which has a brick floor, a linen cupboard and staircase to the first floor. There is also a door to an internal lobby with built-in bar and door to the terrace and rear garden.
• The annexe area comprises: fitted kitchen; sitting room/bedroom 5; bathroom with bath, shower attachment, basin and WC.
• The first floor has a landing and Bedroom 1 with 1392 original frame beam of a Wealden Hall house (determined by Cambridge University in 1990) across one wall and former fireplace, a door to the en suite bathroom/dressing room with bath having a shower attachment, basin and WC.
• Attic room/study accessed through Bedroom 1.
• Bedroom 2 enjoys country views and has an inter-communicating door to Bedroom 3 and to the en suite shower room with shower cubicle, basin and WC.
• Bedroom 4 enjoys country views and has a built-in cupboard and en suite shower room with basin, WC and shower cubicle.
The attractive garden/car parking area lies to the rear of Scolfes, with a full-length paved sitting out area adjacent to the house, lawns, flower and shrub borders, a further brick paved terrace, and vegetable garden area. In all about 0.28 of an acre outlined in blue on the site plan.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
£500,000Offers In Excess Of
Etchingham Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN23
VIEWINGS STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY An historic mediaeval Grade II* Listed period house in need of substantial renovation, together with a detached single storey cottage and large outbuilding/garage...