Kiln Lane, Hooe, Battle, East Sussex, TN33
- Peaceful countryside location
- Detached converted Twin Oast and Barn
- Detached Barn with lapsed PP for Annexe
- Five bedrooms
- Beautiful mature garden
- In all about 0.44 of an acre
- Mainline station about 3.4 miles
A detached converted twin oast and barn situated in this beautiful stretch of countryside, privately set within established gardens and grounds of about 0.44 of an acre. Together with a single storey barn of 955 sq ft including garaging for three cars and with lapsed consent to convert into an annexe. EPC E
A peacefully located detached converted twin oast and barn, thought to have been originally converted in the 1930s. The present vendors have, in recent years, at the same time, sympathetically updated and refurbished to include a refitted kitchen and new sanitaryware in the bathrooms, updating the electric wiring and plumbing, new old-style radiators and internal oak doors, all windows restored by a specialist London-based company, ceilings replastered and redecorated throughout.
The elevations are brick and part flint beneath a tiled roof and there is oil-fired central heating.
The Oast House will be of strong appeal to those seeking a country house in a private and peaceful rural location with southerly views from the first floor over farmland.
The main features of the property include:
• There is a handsome two-storey tiled roof canopy entrance with double front door to the spacious reception hall with oak staircase.
• The dining room has exposed oak beams and brickwork to the walls, tiled floor and stable door to the rear garden.
• The roundel study has a range of book/storage shelves and door to the front garden.
• The playroom/bedroom 5 also forms one of the roundels.
• The kitchen/breakfast room has a glazed sink, wooden working surfaces with cupboards and drawers beneath, range of wall cupboards, integrated dishwasher, electric Leisure Range cooker in recess, brick floor, walk-in larder with cupboards and shelving, door to the driveway.
• The rear hall also has a door to the driveway. The utility room has a glazed sink with working surfaces, plumbing for washing machine, and brick floor. Cupboard housing the oil-fired central heating boiler. The cloak/shower room has a basin, WC and shower cubicle.
• The first floor is approached by an oak staircase to an impressive drawing room with vaulted ceiling, oak stripped floor, exposed timbers, fireplace with wood burner, and door to the covered balcony enjoying the views over farmland.
• The principal bedroom is formed from one of the oast roundels and has a range of curved fitted wardrobe cupboards and adjacent, in the second roundel, is an excellent bathroom having exposed brick walls, freestanding rolltop bath, twin wash basins, WC, glass-enclosed shower cubicle with spray jets, and tiled floor.
• The inner landing has an airing cupboard and three further bedrooms, all with either wardrobe and storage cupboards. The family bathroom is partly tiled and has a bath with shower attachment, basin, WC and tiled floor.
This excellent detached single storey 955 sq ft building of brick and flint beneath a tiled roof comprises garaging for three cars and two further rooms currently used as a workshop and a machinery store.
This building has a lapsed planning consent reference WD/2005/0141/F to convert into an annexe to the main house.
Gardens and Grounds
These form a really delightful setting to The Oast House with gravelled drive approach leading past the front of the house and round to the garaging where there is ample parking for additional cars.
The excellent Summerhouse is ideally placed overlooking the front garden.
To the front is an ornamental pond with established willow tree, large formal area of lawn, selection of trees and shrubs, three apple trees, greenhouse and a courtyard area at the rear in all about 0.44 of an acre.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
POAPrice On Application
Cornwells Bank, North Chailey, Lewes, East Sussex, BN8
A charming Grade II listed detached family home presented in excellent condition throughout with the benefit of a detached office/annexe. Located in a semi-rural position on the edge of Newick. In all...