Brightling Road, Robertsbridge, East Sussex, TN32
- Privately and centrally situated within 12 acres
- 0.8 of a mile from Robertsbridge with mailnline station
- House extending to 10,565 sq ft
- 5 reception rooms, 8 bedrooms
- One bedroom annexe
- Swimming pool and grass tennis court
- Studio and office
- Range of garaging/outbuildings
A very desirable and imposing country house of 10,565 sq ft, approached down a tree-lined drive, privately and centrally situated within its own grounds, commanding south-facing unspoilt views and protected within established gardens and woodland - in all about 12 acres. EPC E
A very desirable and substantial country house of 10,565 sq ft, the handsome elevations being brick beneath a tiled roof.
The spacious interior retains some wonderful original features including parquet flooring, oak panelling and feature fireplaces. The accommodation comprises good ceiling heights throughout and most of the rooms face south to capture the maximum amount of sunshine with a southerly aspect over the grounds with views beyond.
The accommodation is arranged as follows:
• A wide oak door with fanlight above opens into the reception hall with cloakroom, and an oak panelled door to the superb panelled dining room with a handsome stone fireplace and double opening doors onto the south-facing terrace.
• The drawing room also has an attractive southerly view, with double opening doors to the west-facing terrace, parquet flooring and an open fireplace. There are three further reception rooms.
• The kitchen/breakfast room is situated to the east of the house with double opening glass panelled doors leading to the garden and is comprehensively fitted with a range of wall and base units with integrated appliances and central island unit with breakfast bar. Adjoining the kitchen is the utility room.
• A handsome oak staircase with panelling to the side leads to the first floor landing. There is an exceptional master bedroom suite, being double aspect with wonderful southerly and westerly outlook over the gardens and grounds with views beyond. Excellent dressing room and large shower room.
• To the east of the house is a guest bedroom suite with dressing room and en suite bathroom. There are four further bedrooms, two of which have en suite facilities, and a large family bathroom.
• The second floor provides two further bedrooms, a bathroom and a large games room. There is also access to eaves storage cupboards and a spacious attic room
• To the east of the house is an integral annexe providing kitchen, sitting room, shower room, separate cloakroom and stairs leading to a first floor bedroom.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS
Peans Wood is approached over a 150 yard driveway from the road via brick entrance pillars with an electronically operated wrought iron gate, which leads onto the sweeping tarmac drive through woodland down to a large circular area providing turning and parking for a number of vehicles to the front of the house.
The gardens and grounds form a superb backdrop to the property, providing privacy. They have expansive level lawns with a terrace adjoining both the south and west of the house with unspoilt views over the gardens and adjoining farmland.
There are large banks of mature rhododendrons and an array of mature trees and shrubs including oaks, silver birches, acers, eucalyptus, etc.
Discreetly tucked away is a swimming pool in a paved surround, with further areas of lawn and small orchard, together with a picturesque grass tennis court.
Also, there are areas of deciduous woodland with an impressive selection of mature trees.
Gardens and grounds in all about 12 acres.
Attached to the house is a former coach house which now provides storage, loose boxes, a double garage (currently utilised as a gymnasium), single garage and, on the first floor, a studio and office with WC. There is a dilapidated timber outbuilding and a former manège as well as a Nissen hut for the storage of garden machinery.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation