Darwell Hill, Netherfield, Battle, East Sussex, TN33
- Detached single storey cottage
- Woodland setting
- Flexible accommodation
- Mature gardens
- Detached 4 car garage
- 2 studio/workrooms above
- Generous parking and turning area
- Charming character
**Guide Price £650,000 - £670,000**
A highly attractive and very unusual single storey period cottage (not Listed) offering surprisingly generous accommodation. The house sits in a very picturesque plot immediately adjacent to woodland, together with a detached garage/workshop with two excellent rooms above. EPC F
Potters is a charming and attractive single storey period detached cottage (not Listed). The house sits in attractive grounds immediately adjacent to mature woodland and benefits from a large detached outbuilding comprising garage/
workshop and two rooms above. The elevations are brick beneath a tiled roof.
The main features are:
• There is an original entrance porch, but the property is currently approached via the utility/boot room, a very useful space with terracotta tiled floor, exposed brick wall and stable door to the garden; stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap
and storage beneath.
• The kitchen/breakfast room is a highly attractive and well-proportioned room with partly vaulted ceiling and two roof lanterns, window overlooking the rear garden, and exposed timbers to the wall. There is a range of fitted kitchen cabinets with co-ordinating worktops incorporating a working Aga, sink with mixer tap and drainer. Generous sized pantry with shelving and a light.
• The breakfast/dining area sits alongside the working kitchen space and features a large window overlooking the gardens and a further peephole window offering tantalizing views of the front garden.
• The main reception room is arranged in two areas: the main section features an exposed brick chimney breast with log burner and bressumer beam above. The second area currently serves as a library/reading room with an attractive
bench seat in the bay overlooking the gardens.
• Bedroom 3/study has a window to the side and is currently used as a home office.
• The generous double aspect principal bedroom has fitted wardrobes and sliding patio doors onto the garden. The adjacent shower room has a glazed and tiled shower cubicle, WC and basin set in a vanity unit, heated towel rail
and underfloor heating.
• Bedroom 2 is another attractive double aspect room with a cupboard housing the water tank and hatch access to the loft.
• The family bathroom has a panelled bath, pedestal wash basin and WC.
The property is approached via a tarmac driveway with a gate opening to a generous area of hardstanding providing parking for several cars and turning space, with access to the garage/workshop. This very useful and flexible space has been used as a workshop in recent years and has space to park up to 4 cars.
Stairs lead to the first floor landing which in turn leads to two generous intercommunicating
rooms, both with Velux windows. This excellent space could serve a variety of purposes and is ideal for those who wish to work from home. Subject to the necessary planning consents, it may be possible to convert into additional
accommodation, thereby providing multi-generational occupancy. Behind the workshop is a log store.
The garden surrounds the house to all sides and is bordered and open to attractive neighbouring woodland. To the front of the house is a secluded paved patio area. There are areas of lawn with an established beech hedge fronting the road and a
good variety of mature shrubs, trees and plants.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Amberley Road, Storrington, Pulborough, West Sussex, RH20
A substantial detached Scandia Hus bungalow built in 1982 and presented in very good condition throughout and ideally located within a short, level walk of Storrington town centre and offered with no ...