The Street, Sedlescombe, Battle, TN33
- Popular village location
- Battle mainline station about 3.5 miles
- Converted Grade II Listed barn
- Removed from passing traffic
- Self-contained area within the house
- Integral workshop / reception room
- Manageable sized garden
**Guide Price £750,000 - £800,000**
An impressive and sympathetically converted Grade II Listed Barn, part of which offers scope to create additional accommodation and ideally located, set down a drive and removed from traffic, in the centre of this picturesque village.
An impressive and sympathetically converted (1985) Grade II Listed 17th century barn, the elevations being timber-framed with plaster infilling, the ground floor having been rebuilt in brick beneath a tiled roof.
The existing accommodation incorporates two staircases and currently provides a self-contained area with, on the ground floor, the existing workshop offering conversion into a second reception room.
There are hardwood-framed windows and floors and mains gas central heating.
The main features are:
• Stable-type door to the entrance hall/study area with stone flagged floor and pine clad walls, cast iron open fireplace and beams to the ceiling.
• The galleried kitchen/dining room is a very impressive room, rising to full ceiling height and having a stainless steel sink unit, tiled working surfaces with timber cupboards and drawers beneath, plumbing for dishwasher, two-oven green gas-fired Aga, stone flagged floor, larder cupboard. Staircase to first floor.
• The delightful sitting room has a brick inglenook-style fireplace with woodburner, exposed light oak timbering and maple strip floor.
• From the sitting room a door opens to a utility room with brick and quarry tiled floor, stainless steel sink with cupboards beneath, electric hob and oven. Door to the integral workshop (ideal for conversion into a second reception room) and housing the gas-fired central heating boiler and plumbing for washing machine.
• The main staircase rises to a galleried landing area with maple floor and leading through to the main landing with exposed timbering.
• The attractive bedroom 1 has exposed timbering, oak floor and a walk-in clothes cupboard.
• Bedroom 2 also has an oak floor and the family bathroom is half tiled, with bath having shower attachment, basin, WC and tiled floor.
• From the inner hall adjacent to the utility room, a secondary staircase rises to a landing and bedroom 3 with vaulted ceiling, exposed timbering and mezzanine sleeping area. The adjacent tiled shower room has a shower cubicle, basin and WC.
The drive approach is shared with three other properties and culminates in a gravelled parking area; adjacent are a garage 159 x 131 and double carport 227 x 143.
The garden is a very manageable size and benefits from a large south-facing brick terrace adjacent to the house, an area of lawn and a large gravelled area providing ample parking.
Council Tax Band F
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Oak Tree Gardens, Station Road, Hellingly, BN27
**OAK TREE GARDENS - ONLY ONE REMAINING** An exclusive development of just 4 detached chalet style homes situated in the sought-after area of Station Road, Hellingly. Luxuriously appointed with 3/4 be...