The Strand, Winchelsea, Rye, East Sussex, TN36
£750,000Offers In Excess Of
- On the edge of historic Winchelsea town
- Grade II Listed house with 7 bedrooms
- Attached Holiday Let with 2 bedrooms
- Separate Cottage with 2 bedrooms
- Parking and gardens
- Beautiful countryside views
Fine Grade II Listed period house with attached Holiday Let cottage, and Rye Bay Cottage, a converted Coach House forming a separate Guest Cottage, enjoying far-reaching views across National Trust land, situated on the edge of the ancient town of Winchelsea.
Strand House has also been run as a popular Bed & Breakfast and Holiday Let venture.
STRAND HOUSE is a fascinating Grade II Listed period house, the elevations being brick and stone, part tile hung, with one elevation being colour-washed with exposed timber studding beneath a tiled roof. There is exposed timbering to the interior and gas-fired central heating.
The property has, in the past, been run as a Bed & Breakfast and now has consent for residential use. Together with the attached Holiday Let accommodation (planning reference RR/2020/1254/P), now forms an interesting home with income potential.
The main features are:
• Front door to reception hall with beamed ceiling and cloakroom with basin and WC.
• The attractive living room is double aspect with an inglenook fireplace with inset grate and canopy, together with sliding doors to the terrace and garden.
• The dining room also has an inglenook fireplace with woodburner.
• The kitchen is double aspect.
• On the first floor there are four double bedrooms with en suite facilities, and a family bathroom.
• On the second floor there are three further bedrooms, two of which have en suite facilities.
ATTACHED HOLIDAY LET COTTAGE
This forms an excellent, self-contained unit comprising dining hall, living room, shower room, inner hall, laundry room, kitchen (to be fitted). First floor: two bedrooms, both with en suite shower rooms.
There is pea beach drive approach shared with one other property, with parking for a number of vehicles.
The garden forms a delightful feature with areas of lawn, mixed flower beds, a selection of trees and shrubs, terraced garden with meandering pathways leading up to Ferry Hill and Winchelsea town. One of the original town wells is sited within the garden.
RYE BAY COTTAGE is a charming converted Coach House, forming a separate guest cottage to Strand House. The elevations are brick beneath a pitch tiled roof.
The main features are:
• Front door to entrance hall with two storage cupboards one housing the gas-fired boiler and hot water cylinder; and staircase to the first floor.
• There are two ground floor bedrooms, one of which has an en suite bathroom with panel-enclosed bath having taps and shower attachment, pedestal wash basin, WC and heated towel rail. Glazed sliding doors lead to an outside seating area with views over farmland.
• The second bedroom also has its own glazed sliding doors to an external seating area, and an en suite shower room with shower cubicle, wash basin, WC and heated towel rail
• A staircase leads to the first floor landing with a door giving access to the reception room, which is double aspect, has a vaulted ceiling and a glazed door giving access to the balcony from where beautiful views are enjoyed.
• The kitchen has a stainless steel sink with drainer to the side, work surfaces with cupboards and drawers beneath, recess and plumbing for washing machine and dishwasher. There is a four-ring electric hob with double oven below and extractor fan above.
The garden is enclosed by a post and rail fence, laid to lawn and interspersed with birch trees. There is a gravelled seating area with outside lighting and lavender beds, from where beautiful views across farmland can be enjoyed.
Parking for two vehicles.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation