Church Lane, Hellingly, Hailsham, BN27
- Rural village location
- Polegate station about 5.5 miles
- Detached village house
- Character period features
- Ample off-road parking
- Attractive garden
**Guide Price £595,000 - £625,000**
An extremely attractive detached Grade II Listed period house, originally dating from mediaeval times. The house occupies a prominent position in an idyllic village setting adjacent to the parish church of St Peter & St Paul.
The Priest House is an extremely attractive detached village house, which dates originally from mediaeval times and offers great character, with much fine exposed timber. The house is of part brick and tile hung beneath a tiled roof, with mainly leaded-light windows.
The main features of the property include:
• Entrance hall with Cotswold stone flooring and some exposed beams. Timber panelled door to the drawing room, an extremely spacious and attractive room with oak flooring, exposed beams and an inglenook-style brick fireplace with stainless steel hood. A very bright triple aspect room. Door to an ante-room which in turn leads to the dining room and serves as a very useful storage space.
• The kitchen/breakfast room comprises an extensive range of wooden wall and base units with slate flooring and co-ordinating worktops. There is a Britannia 5-ring gas hob with overhead extractor, stainless steel sink unit with drainer, plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer. Neff double oven and a built-in Siemens dishwasher. Exposed beams to the ceiling, bi-folding doors lead out to a raised terrace overlooking and with steps down to the main garden.
• Door to dining room. Another attractive room with Travertine flooring, small window seat, exposed beams and a brick surrounded hearth opening.
• Boot room/cloakroom an extremely useful space serving as both cloakroom and boot room with built-in storage, butlers sink and WC, door to the rear garden.
• First floor: the principal bedroom features high ceilings with exposed beams, two sets of leaded light windows fill this room with natural light. There is an opening to an en suite shower room with glazed and stainless steel shower cubicle, WC and pedestal wash hand basin, mirrored wall.
• Bedroom 2 is currently used as a dressing room and features a full wall of mirror-fronted wardrobes, fitted drawers and dressing table, brick chimney breast with bressummer beam and brick hearth.
• Bedroom 3 is another bright, double aspect room with some exposed beams, brick fireplace and walk-in wardrobe. Bedroom 4 is currently used as a study, and again features exposed beams and leaded light windows.
• The family bathroom has a panelled bath with overhead shower attachment, WC, bidet and pedestal wash hand basin. Heated towel rail, beams to the ceiling.
• An alternating step staircase leads to the second floor and a lovely, vaulted guest bedroom with sky lights and a plethora of attractive exposed beams. Solid timber door to the en suite shower room with glazed shower cubicle, WC and wash hand basin, vaulted ceiling with exposed beams. A raised door leads to a very useful loft store room, also housing the water tank.
The house is approached via an attractive raised courtyard entrance. The rear garden features an area of hard-standing, brick paved driveway with electrically operated gates, in addition to a double tandem detached car-port. The pretty garden is mainly laid to lawn, with mature well-stocked borders, with a raised terrace, suitable for al fresco dining, adjacent to the dining area of the kitchen.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Broad Street, Cuckfield, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH17
**Guide Price £650,000 - £700,000** A spacious and versatile Grade II listed attached home which is now in need of some updating located within the sought after village of Cuckfield.DESCRIPT...
Lamberhurst Quarter, Lamberhurst, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN3
A detached 5 bedroom 3 storey property set in 3.3 acres of gardens and land with an in and out driveway, double car port and workshop outbuilding. The property is in need of upgrading throughout with ...