Darwell Hill, Netherfield, Battle, TN33
- Attractive Grade II listed Cottage
- Flexible accommodation with 6 bedrooms
- Delightful countryside views
- Landscaped Garden with Swimming Pool & Hot Tub
- Ample parking
- Mainline station about 4.5 miles
**Guide Price £750,000 - £775,000**
A charming Grade II Listed semi-detached cottage commanding far-reaching southerly views, with flexible accommodation and a superbly landscaped private garden with heated swimming pool and hot tub.
Darwell Hill Cottage is a charming Grade II Listed semi-detached cottage, sympathetically enlarged and updated over the years to form a very comfortable home with flexible accommodation, part of which could be formed into an annexe unit. The elevations are brick, part tile hung and weather-boarded beneath a tiled roof with sealed unit double glazed oak-framed windows throughout and oil-fired central heating (new boiler in 2014). The internal doors are of yew and oak.
The main features of the property include:
• Front door to entrance hall, through to very attractive sitting room with inglenook, oak bressumer beam, stone and brick hearth.
• The dining room is an exceptionally attractive feature of the house, with exposed brick wall and fireplace with log burner. Wooden flooring and exposed beams.
• The excellent kitchen/breakfast room includes flamed granite working surfaces with good range of cupboards and drawers, integrated equipment including Siemens induction/halogen hob, fridge freezer, Neff oven, warming drawer, microwave combination cooker, wine cooler and dishwasher. Fitted larder. Door to garden. Ample space for family dining. There is also a separate utility room with space for the washing machine and tumble dryer.
• There is a bedroom to the rear of the house, served by an adjacent bathroom.
• There is a useful study, with a smart shower room adjacent, along with a further reception room (currently used as a gym) with a separate door to the front and stairs up to bedroom 2 and this section would lend itself to possibly serving as an annexe.
• On the first floor, the principal bedroom has excellent views to the front and an exceptional, recently fitted en suite bathroom (with restricted height to the entrance)
• There are three further bedrooms, one of which has an unusual reading area with a glass floor over the kitchen.
Double gates open into a paved parking/turning area to the front garden which has flower beds, and several attractive and established trees. There is a brick and tile outbuilding with adjoining log store.
The rear garden has been the subject of a lavish makeover, with a generous paved terrace with barbecue area, from which wide steps lead up to the main garden which is raised, with lawns, a firepit area and an expansive timber deck. There is a heated swimming pool and a hot tub to one corner. In all about 0.2 of an acre
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation