Catsfield, Battle, TN33
- Substantial Grade II Listed Country House
- Attractive rural location
- Offices and Leisure Complex
- 2 Annexes
- 2 Tennis Courts
- In all about 3 acres
A handsome substantial Grade II Listed Country House in an attractive rural yet convenient location with views over surrounding farmland and benefiting from two Annexes, three Offices and Leisure Complex with an impressive indoor Swimming Pool and Entertaining Area. Outbuilding/Garaging, two hard Tennis Courts and mature grounds of about 3 acres.
Catsfield Place is a handsome and substantial Grade II Listed country house in a rural setting at the end of a private drive shared with one other property and surrounded by farmland.
The elevations are stone and brick, part tile hung, all beneath a tiled roof. The house dates from the late 16th century with additions in the 17th and 18th centuries and has well proportioned rooms with high ceilings.
The property has been the subject of considerable expenditure by the present owners and has been meticulously maintained over recent years. There are many original features including a heavy oak staircase dating from 1685, period fireplaces, exposed timbers, sash windows, internal shutters to some of the windows.
There is some secondary double glazing, oil-fired central heating in the main house with an industrial-sized boiler and Calor gas heating in the annexes, offices and leisure complex.
The main features of the property include:
Enclosed Entrance Vestibule leading through to the inner Hall with stone flagged floor and formal Breakfast Room with period fireplace having a woodburner, old quarry tiled floor. Cloakroom with basin and WC.
• The Sitting Room has an inglenook fireplace and stone flagged floor.
• The fine Drawing Room has an impressive wide inglenook fireplace, pine floor and the original front door.
• The L-shaped Dining Room also has a pine floor and doors to the garden.
• The panelled Study has an open fireplace (currently sealed) in stone surround.
• The handsome period staircase in the Main Hall has doors to an Enclosed Porch and Cloakroom with basin and WC.
• The recently re-designed and expensively fitted and equipped custom built Kitchen/Breakfast Room comprises a comprehensive range of modern units with granite worktops; built-in fridge, freezer and dishwasher. Two full-size ovens and a built-in wine cooler in a central island, which runs the length of the kitchen, with wooden work surface and pop-up mobile phone charger and USB port. Walk-in pantry. A door leads out into the formal garden.
• There is a Cellar with adjacent Boiler Room.
• Adjacent to the kitchen/breakfast room is an excellent Family Room off which are a small Library, a Study and a Cloakroom with basin and WC.
• The first floor is approached by the heavy oak staircase dating from 1685 to a large landing. The Principal Suite comprises Bedroom with storage cupboard and adjacent L-shaped Dressing Room fitted with shelving and clothes hanging rails, en suite Bathroom with bath, two basins, shower cubicle, bidet and WC.
• Bedroom 2 has a fireplace and an en suite Bathroom, which is panelled to half height and fitted with bath, basin, WC and walk-in shower cubicle. Bedroom 3 has a fireplace.
• The secondary landing has a walk-in airing cupboard, staircase to the first floor and Bedroom 4 with en suite Shower Room, having a walk-in shower, basin and WC. Bedroom 5 intercommunicates with Bedroom 6.
• The second floor is approached by two staircases, the principal one being from the main landing, which rises to a Sitting Area through to an inner landing. Well-appointed Bathroom, which has panelling to half height and a bath, basin, and WC. Bedroom 7 provides access to a secondary staircase to the first floor.
The Leisure/Office Suites/Annexe Complex
These adjoin the main house, being approached from the family room, and comprise:
Wonderful indoor Swimming Pool and Entertaining Area with doors out to a gravelled courtyard area overlooking the farmland.
• Gymnasium; Shower Room; Sauna/Treatment Room together with adjacent Bar/Billiards/Snooker Room and Party Room.
• Guest Annexe (coloured pink on the floorplan and incorporated within the leisure complex) comprises Hall, Living Room/fitted Kitchen, Bedroom and Bathroom.
• Three Office Suites, one of which has kitchen units.
• Self-contained Cottage Annexe (coloured green on the floorplan) which is attached and has its own front door. This comprises Hall; Living Room/Kitchen; two Bedrooms; newly fitted Bathroom.
• Attached Media/Cinema Room
Timber Garage Block of 1,452 sq ft with a new felted roof, Store Room and Workshop. Further Garage with space for three cars. Two excellent hard Tennis Courts enclosed within high netting.
The Gardens and Grounds
These form an impressive setting and backdrop to Catsfield Place being approached through the electrically operated wrought iron gates opening into the gravelled drive and extensive parking areas. This is flanked by a stone retaining wall with hydrangeas, fuchsias and other shrubs. Brick steps and wrought iron gates lead down to a large level lawn enclosed by a yew hedge.
In addition, there is a further brick wall incorporating stone pillars with wrought iron gates and steps leading down to a further area of level lawn and woodland copse.
The delightful walled garden adjacent to the house has a paved terrace, lawns, gravel paths, flowering shrub borders, roses and herbaceous plants.
A small fence-enclosed kitchen garden has recently been created with individual beds and adjacent potting shed.
Beyond is a small Paddock and a timber garden summerhouse (in need of repair).
In all about 3 acres.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough, Tunbridge Wells and an associated London office.Book Now
POAPrice On Application
Wineham Lane, Bolney, Haywards Heath, RH17
Impressive small farm occupying an accessible rural location with high specification farmhouse (Agricultural Occupancy Condition) along with good secondary accommodation, extensive outbuildings. Attra...