Bodle Street Green, Hailsham, BN27
£995,000Offers In Excess Of
- Rural village location
- Spacious split-level house
- Generous accommodation
- Equestrian outbuildings, arena and paddock
- In all about 3.33 acres
A highly unusual and deceptively spacious detached split-level house in this rural village, with west-facing views and generous accommodation arranged over three floors together with a useful summerhouse/annexe, range of equestrian facilities and paddock - in all about 3.33 acres.
Sunny View is a highly unusual and deceptively spacious detached house, believed to have been originally built in the early 1900s but significantly extended and improved over the years to form a very comfortable west-facing family home.
The elevations are brick beneath a tiled roof with some weatherboarding. There is sealed unit double glazing and oil-fired central heating.
The main features of the property include:
The Ground Floor:
• The entrance porch is approached via a well-planted front garden and leads through a panelled door to the entrance hall with wooden flooring and period-style radiator.
• The entrance hall offers access to three comfortable double bedrooms, all of which feature wooden flooring. These are served by the family bathroom with roll-top claw-foot free-standing bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, separate tiled and glazed shower cubicle, WC and pedestal basin, tiled floor, and a heated towel rail.
• The reception room is an extremely well-proportioned room offering excellent views over the grounds, again with wooden flooring and an exposed brick chimney and hearth with solid fuel log burner. Bi-folding doors open onto a balcony enjoying westerly views and countryside beyond.
• A further door from this reception room leads to a small study with built-in bookshelves and ample space for a desk. Glazed double doors lead to the conservatory with wooden floors and views.
The Garden Level:
• The kitchen/dining/family room has wooden floors, an exposed brick chimney and hearth with a solid fuel wood burner. There is a comfortable sitting area, whilst the dining area features bi-folding doors out onto the rear terrace with views over the grounds.
• The kitchen area comprises an extensive range of wall and base units with quartz worktops incorporating a butler sink with mixer taps; Rangemaster Classic stove and hood above, and an integrated Lamona dishwasher.
• Separate utility room plumbed for washing machine and tumble dryer and with additional space for fridge and freezer, and with some wall and base storage units.
• Door to the boot room with 1½ bowl stainless steel sink unit with storage above, door to the side passage leading to the rear garden and beyond. The cloakroom has a WC and pedestal washbasin.
The First Floor:
• Stairs from the entrance hall lead to the landing with access to the principal suite comprising a double bedroom with wooden flooring and an arch leading to a walk-through dressing room with built-in wardrobes and an additional walk-in storage room. This leads ultimately to the en suite bathroom, a well appointed room with a claw-foot, roll-top, free-standing bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, glazed and tiled shower cubicle, WC and wash basin, wooden floor, heated towel rail and a door to a very useful loft storage room, also housing the water tank.
To the front of the house is a driveway with ample parking in two sections, areas of lawn and west-facing terrace.
The summerhouse/annexe is a very useful building and has a sink unit and separate shower room with shower cubicle, basin and WC. Adjacent paved terrace and a hot tub.
The Equestrian Facilities
These have vehicular access via electric gates to ample hardstanding and two timber loose boxes, two further stables and tack room. Pole barn. Timber outbuildings and outdoor arena together with a large paddock - in all about 3.33 acres.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Streat Lane, Streat, Hassocks, East Sussex, BN6
A stunning part conversion and new build providing contemporary single storey accommodation with plentiful natural light in an beautiful location close to the South Downs in the quiet hamlet of Streat...