Carters Corner, Hailsham, BN27
- Semi-detached former farm cottage
- Village location
- Extended and updated in recent years
- Westerly views over farmland
- Ample parking
- Attractive garden
**Guide Price £750,000 - £800,000**
A very appealing and exceptionally well presented and updated five-bedroom semi-detached former farm cottage, extended and completely overhauled in recent years to form a very comfortable family home with westerly views over farmland, ample parking space, and garden of about 0.28 of an acre. EPC D.
Bernards House is a very appealing and exceptionally well presented and updated semi-detached former farm cottage forming a very comfortable family home, the elevations being brick, part tile hung beneath a tiled roof.
The present vendors extended and undertook a complete overhaul and renovation project in 2015, with quality materials being evident throughout including a new roof, re-plumbing, re-wiring, new oil-fired central heating system (underfloor to the ground floor and radiators to the first and second floors), oak internal doors, mostly sealed unit double glazed windows.
The main features of the property include:
• Front door to spacious reception hall with engineered oak floor, deep coat cupboard. The attractive sitting/dining room also has engineered oak floor, fireplace with woodburner, recess fitted with a desk unit and used as a computer station, bi-fold doors opening to the west-facing decked area and garden.
• From the hall, double doors open to the well-appointed kitchen/breakfast room with good quality German-made units comprising Corian 1½ bowl sink and working surfaces, induction electric hob, integrated dishwasher and fridge, AEG double oven and warming drawer, further cupboards and pan drawers, double aspect, porcelain tiled floor. Bi-fold doors to the decked area, west-facing views and garden.
• The utility room has a stainless steel sink and working surface with cupboards beneath and eye level units above, plumbing for washing machine and the Grant oil-fired central heating boiler, door to the decked area. Fully tiled cloak/shower room with shower cubicle, basin and WC.
• The first floor is approached by a staircase to a spacious landing with double sized airing cupboard having a radiator, further deep clothes hanging cupboard. The principal bedroom has two built-in wardrobe cupboards, one with fitted drawers, enjoys westerly views and has an en suite bathroom with bath, basin with cupboard beneath, WC and shower cubicle.
• There are three further bedrooms, one with a wardrobe cupboard, and a fully tiled family bathroom with bath, basin, WC, walk-in shower and heated towel rails.
• The second floor has a landing with a door to a very useful roof storage space. Bedroom 5 has sloping ceilings and an en suite fully tiled shower room with walk-in shower, basin and WC.
To the front there is a gravel drive approach providing parking to the front and side and with ample space for a garage, subject to planning consent.
The majority of the garden lies to the rear with a large decked sitting out area running the full width of the house, enjoying the westerly sunsets and ideal for entertaining.
The rest of the garden is laid to lawn with shrub and flower borders, two garden sheds, oil brick privy with functioning WC. To the rear of the garden is open farmland.
In all about 0.28 of an acre.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation