Lower Lake, Battle, TN33
- Attractive detached Grade II listed house
- Walking distance of Battle High Street & Station
- Excellent parking
- Large garden
- Period features
- 4 bedrooms
- Detached home office/playroom
** Guide Price £700,000 - £750,000**
A desirable Grade II Listed detached period house with character-filled accommodation, sympathetically updated within recent years, together with a Home Office, beautiful landscaped garden and ample parking.
Ideally located within walking distance of Battle High Street and mainline station.
A desirable, Grade II Listed, detached, period house with character-filled accommodation, sympathetically updated within recent years. The elevations are brick, the upper part weather-boarded beneath a tiled roof.
There is gas-fired central heating and secondary glazing to some windows. There are timber floors throughout the ground floor.
Coppshall Cottage benefits from ample parking in front of the house and a private, fence-enclosed, professionally landscaped garden at the rear, together with a very useful Home Office which is a particular feature.
The main features of the property include:
• Front door to small hall with wooden floor and panelled door to delightful sitting room having stripped wooden flooring and open fireplace with tiled hearth and wood-burner. The chimney breast is flanked on either side with a range of bookshelves and storage cupboards.
• Panelled door to the dining room with wood stripped flooring and windows overlooking the garden to the side.
• A glazed and panelled door leads to the boot room, an extremely useful space with quarry tiled floor, tongue and groove panelling to the walls, and ample space for boots and coats, bikes and muddy pets.
• The boot room leads to the utility room, another valuable space with plumbing for washing machine and tumbler dryer, space for additional fridge, with quarry tiled flooring, tongue and groove panelled walls.
• The kitchen can be approached from both the dining room and the snug and has a range of painted wooden units with solid timber worktops incorporating a porcelain basin with drainer and mixer taps. Plumbing for dishwasher.
• An opening leads through to the snug, a charming room with half-height tongue and groove panelling, exposed beam and wooden floors, attractive wooden mantelpiece with brick hearth and fitted wood burner.
• The rear lobby currently houses the boiler and gives access to the side of the house and the rear garden. Off this area is the cloak/shower room with a tiled and glazed shower cubicle, wash basin and WC, fully tiled walls and floor.
• A wide staircase leads to the first floor landing where there is a useful airing cupboard.
• The principal bedroom has a good range of fitted wardrobes and dressing table.
• Bedroom 2 is another good double bedroom with a walk-in wardrobe and hatch access to the loft. .
• The family bathroom has a wooden floor with tongue and groove panelling to the walls, panelled bath, pedestal wash basin and WC, heated towel rail.
• The semi open plan study has a range of fitted bookshelves and storage. Two panel doors to bedroom 3, another comfortable double bedroom overlooking the garden to the side, and bedroom 4 is a bright double aspect room which overlooks the garden to the rear.
The garden is a particular feature of the house and offers an extremely generous paved and shingled terrace bordered by sleepers, currently hosting a hot tub.
From this area two steps lead up to the main lawn, another expansive area with well stocked beds having a range of shrubs and plants. Raised decked area to one corner with a timber shed and a further shed to the other corner.
The excellent home office/playroom is a superb addition to the main accommodation, being a generous space with wood-effect flooring and heating, slightly vaulted ceiling with wooden beams, and would serve equally well as a home office or childrens playroom.
To the front of the house is a generous paved driveway with parking for several cars and from which a side gate leads to the rear garden.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Broyle Farm Cottages, The Broyle, Ringmer, Lewes, BN8
A stylish semi-detached Victorian cottage with accommodation over three floors and having a generous garden with a plot of about ¼ of an acre with beautiful far reaching views in a convenient loc...