Featherbed Lane, Carters Corner, Hailsham, BN27
- Delightful setting
- Lovely southerly views
- Attractive garden and separate paddock
- Excellent entertaining space
- 2 spacious attic rooms
- 2,348 square feet
- Triple garage
- 1.2 acres in total
**Guide Price £790,000-£820,000**
An exceptionally well presented and spacious semi-detached house set down a private driveway with wonderful southerly views, together with a delightful garden and small paddock - in all about 1.2 acres.
Special Note: on account of the setting, Windy Ridge enjoys many of the benefits of a detached house. EPC D
Windy Ridge is an exceptionally well presented and spacious semi-detached house, believed to date from the 1950s, which has been substantially enlarged and updated in recent years and, on account of the garden setting, enjoys many of the benefits of a detached property.
The accommodation provides a comfortable and well-presented home, and the elevations are of brick beneath a pitch tiled roof. There is oil-fired central heating, sealed unit double glazed windows throughout, and various areas of the house have been insulated to current building regulation standards.
The main features of the property include:
• Enclosed entrance porch with tiled flooring leading into the entrance hall with parquet flooring and staircase to the first floor.
• The sitting room has a wood-burning stove and adjoins the study; both rooms have parquet flooring and the study has a range of bookshelves and storage cupboards.
• From the entrance hall, a door leads into a fabulous light and spacious kitchen/dining/family room which is triple aspect and has bifold doors onto the paved terrace. There is a wood burning stove and a well-fitted kitchen with an excellent range of high gloss units with attractive co-ordinating worktops. Smeg six-ring hob with double oven and overhead extractor; Kenwood integrated dishwasher; one and a half bowl sink unit with drainer. There is a useful island/breakfast bar.
• The utility room also has a sink unit with cupboards above and below, further storage cupboards, a vaulted ceiling and doors to the family room and to the outside.
• A staircase leads to the spacious first floor landing with a linen cupboard.
• The master bedroom enjoys lovely views over the gardens, and has an en suite shower room.
• There are three further bedrooms, one of which has a wardrobe. Family bathroom.
• The second floor has two excellent attic rooms with Velux windows.
Windy Ridge is approached from the road over a driveway some 60 yards in length. This culminates in a gravelled parking/turning area for a number of cars, to the side of which is a triple garage with storage above and an adjoining log store. Workshop 143 x 810 with light and power connected.
To the front of the house is an area of terrace, ideal for outside dining and entertaining.
A pathway leads round to the rear garden with an excellent brick and timber-framed greenhouse 183 x 129 with light, water and power connected.
A short distance from the house is a vegetable/cuttings garden. The garden is principally laid to lawn with a mature beech tree and is bordered by hedges, providing a great deal of privacy. At the far end of the garden is an area of orchard with apple, pear, plum, and cherry trees.
To the front of the house is a paddock which extends to about 0.65 of an acre with a covered storage area. There is an additional shed with attached bird enclosure and a Wendy house.
The gardens and grounds form a delightful backdrop to the property with wonderful views to the South Downs and extend to about 1.2 acres.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
£750,000Offers In Excess Of
Storrington Road, Thakeham, Pulborough, RH20
This beautifully presented detached family house sits within wonderful south facing gardens with extensive driveway parking and a detached garage. The property was originally built in 1929 with later ...