Lymden Lane, Stonegate, Wadhurst, TN5
- Attractive terraced period cottage
- Fringes of Stonegate village
- Mainline station within 1.5 miles
- Now in need of some updating
- Within AONB
- Private courtyard garden
**Guide Price £265,000 - £285,000**
A charming terraced (unlisted) 1 bedroom cottage, situated in a semi-rural location on the fringes of Stonegate village together with a courtyard garden. Ideal for permanent occupation, weekend use, or holiday let potential. EPC D
2 Mabbs Hill Cottages is an attractive bijou terraced (unlisted) cottage, with red brick elevations and grey headers beneath a tiled roof. There is electric heating, and period features including latched doors and an inglenook. The cottage would now benefit from some updating.
The main features of the property include:
• Front door into the sitting room with an exposed ceiling beam and wooden framed sash window to the front, inglenook fireplace with bressummer beam and recessed woodburner on a tiled hearth; two built-in cupboards to one side of the chimney breast, one housing the electric meters. There is a wall mounted electric heater.
• The kitchen would benefit from some updating and is currently fitted with a wall unit and base unit together with an integrated Electrolux hob and Lamona oven and stainless steel sink. There is wooden flooring and space for a washer/dryer and under-counter fridge. Beneath the open-plan staircase, there is further useful space for storage cupboards or table and chairs. There is a side window overlooking the courtyard garden and stable door.
• On the first floor there is a bedroom to the front of the property with a wooden framed sash window together with a wall mounted electric heater.
• The bathroom is fitted with a white suite comprising bath with handheld shower attachment, WC and hand wash basin. A double-glazed window overlooks the rear courtyard garden, airing cupboard with hot water cylinder and shelving. Loft hatch.
To the front of the cottage there is a small, private courtyard style garden, with slate chippings and part fencing and mixed hedging to the boundaries.
To the rear of the property is a further courtyard garden with a paved terrace and small area of lawn.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation