Heathfield Road, Burwash, Etchingham, TN19
- Detached Victorian house
- Planning permission to extend
- Excellent entertaing rooms
- Fabulous views
- Beautiful garden of 0.35 of an acre
- Flexible accommodation
- Detached garage
- Ample parking
- On the Fringes of popular Burwash
A handsome, detached, Victorian house, with planning consent to create a larger family home situated on the fringes of Burwash village, with spectacular far-reaching views both to the north and south, together with off-road parking, garage and delightful garden of about 0.35 of an acre. EPC D
Little Meechings is a handsome detached Victorian house with planning consent reference RR/2012/2345/P to create a larger family home. This consent is EXTANT, the foundations having been started and approved by Building Control which permits an enclosed entrance porch, relocating the kitchen, ground floor extension to provide living/dining area and first floor bedroom and bathroom above the existing bedroom 4/study.
The present owners have, over the last few years, undertaken a programme of improvements including the re-fitting of the family bathrooom and the creation of a new shower room, the majority of rooms re-plastered, new mains gas central heating system, high pressure water tank, overhaul of the electric wiring and engineered oak flooring to much of the ground floor. Many of the windows are now sealed unit double glazed picture windows. The interior has high ceilings and is spaciously planned. The elevations are brick, colourwashed white beneath a principally tiled roof.
The main features of the property include:
• Glass-panelled front door to entrance hall with cupboard beneath stairs.
• The south-facing sitting room has a woodburner and picture window overlooking the garden and views beyond.
• The dining room has a bay window and fireplace with pine surround.
• The kitchen/breakfast room has a range of fitted units comprising 1½ bowl sink, working surface with cupboards and drawers beneath, plumbing for dishwasher and washing machine. Stoves oven and hob with extractor hood above. Larder cupboard. Bay window. Limestone flooring. Door to side entrance.
• The study has a door to the rear southerly garden.
• The side hall also has a door to the rear garden and a shelved cupboard.
• Bedroom 4/study has a shower cubicle, cupboard and southerly view. Adjacent is a cloakroom with basin and WC.
• A staircase rises to a pleasant landing with a sky light on the first floor. Bedroom 1 has a range of cupboards and wonderful southerly views. Bedroom 2 has a range of cupboards and views to the north, and a small en suite shower room with shower cubicle, basin and WC. Bedroom 3 has a wash basin (currently disconnected) and views to the north.
• The half tiled family bathroom has been recently redesigned and fitted with freestanding bath with shower attachment, pedestal wash basin, WC, shower cubicle, one wall has exposed brickwork. Southerly views.
• The excellent newly created shower room is panelled to half height and has a tiled shower cubicle, wash basin and WC.
The gravel drive approach provides off-road parking and leads to a detached garage 2510 x 117 with pebble-dashed and rendered elevations beneath a tiled roof. Timber garden shed 7 x 59.
To the front there is a small area of lawn and flowerbeds.
The south-facing rear garden has a patio/terrace and an extensive area of lawn with fence and hedge enclosed boundaries, rose and flower beds, small pond, established Bramley apple trees and a delightful selection of young fruit trees including quince, greengage, cherry, damson and mulberry. All of which benefit from the southerly views enjoyed over National Trust farmland which surrounds Rudyard Kiplings former house Batemans.
In all about 0.35 of an acre.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation