Lower Street, Ninfield, Battle, TN33
- Situated in Ninfield village
- Private lane location
- Claverham School Catchment Area
- Family house with 6 bedrooms
- Stable block and paddocks
- About 3.4 acres
**Guide Price £925,000 - £975,000**
A spacious family house set down a private no-through road within easy walking distance of the village stores/Post Office and primary school, with attractive gardens and paddocks with stabling - in all about 3.4 acres. EPC D
Springfield Cottage is a desirable family house set at the end of a no-through road within the Claverham School catchment area.
The house is of brick construction beneath a pitch tiled roof, there are sealed unit double glazed windows and oil-fired central heating.
The main features of the property include:
• Front door to entrance porch, further door to inner hall and doors to study and dining room. The study has bookshelves and a window overlooking the front garden.
• The dining room has Karndean flooring, an attractive fireplace with ducks nest grate. There is an opening into the kitchen and a door to the drawing room, which is an impressive triple aspect room with double opening glazed doors leading to the rear terrace and garden. Brick fireplace fitted with a wood burning stove, with oak bressummer beam. Deep storage cupboard.
• The kitchen/breakfast/family room has a 1½ bowl stainless steel sink inset into granite work surfaces with range of cupboards and drawers beneath, incorporating integrated dishwasher, Smeg range-style cooker with double oven with grill and five ring hob with extractor fan above. Porcelain tiled floor with electric underfloor heating. Built-in refrigerator and freezer. Further dresser-style unit with cupboards below and glass-fronted display cupboards above. The breakfast area has a wide opening into an excellent family room with exposed wooden flooring and deep square bay window giving an attractive outlook over the garden. There is also a wide glazed door to the side terrace and door to the garage.
• From the kitchen a door leads into a useful utility room with work surface and cupboards beneath, plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer, eye-level units. Door to downstairs cloakroom with WC and wash basin. NB Planning consent reference WD/2021/175/F is in place to extend this room.
• Door to the integrated double garage with tiled flooring, electric roller door, space for coats and boots, additional freezer, and oil-fired boiler.
• Staircase to first floor landing, access to loft space, airing cupboard with slatted shelving and hot water cylinder with immersion heater.
• The master bedroom is a light and spacious room with double opening glazed doors leading to a balcony which overlooks the garden, walk-in wardrobe cupboard with hanging rails and shelving, en suite shower room with shower cubicle, pedestal wash basin and WC.
• Bedroom 2 is at the front of the house and has a view over the front garden and the paddock opposite, double wardrobe cupboard and further built-in storage.
• Bedroom 3 overlooks the front garden and paddock and has two sets of double wardrobe cupboards with cupboards above and walk-in alcove with washbasin and cupboards beneath. Bedroom 4 is a double room which overlooks the rear garden. Bedroom 5 has built-in wardrobe cupboards and a work station.
• The family bathroom has a panel-enclosed bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, pedestal wash basin, WC and shower cubicle. Further airing cupboard housing hot water cylinder, immersion heater and slatted shelving.
• On the landing a staircase leads to the second floor bed-sitting room where there is a recess for a double bed and a sitting room area with space for sofa, desk, fitted wardrobe with drawers and shelving and additional storage cupboards.
Springfield Cottage is approached from Lower Street via a no-through private lane which culminates in front of the property with two sets of paved parking areas for a number of vehicles to the front of the double garage. A brick pathway leads to the front door, there is an area of lawn and mature trees and shrubs.
The rear garden can be approached from both sides of the house where a broad terrace adjoins the property leading onto a well-maintained area of lawn bordered by mature shrubs including camellia, holly, laurel, fuschia, cherry, etc. To the side of the garden is a further raised terrace, ideal for outside dining and entertaining, and there is also a timber garden shed and greenhouse.
Immediately opposite Springfield Cottage a double opening five bar gate leads onto the 3.2 area of land which is a wonderful addition. There is a lower level area with a vegetable patch, an attractive kidney-shaped pond, and a young orchard.
Stable block currently arranged as a central stable with feed/implement store to the side and hay store (this could easily be reverted to stables if required). To the front is a good sized concrete apron and two sets of aluminium gates which can be shut for winter turnout if desired.
The land is currently divided into three stock-fenced paddocks. There are some attractive mature oaks on the boundary line and a woodland shaw borders the eastern perimeter.
Garden and grounds - in all about 3.4 acres.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Bassetts Lane, Wadhurst Road, Mark Cross, Crowborough, TN6
**Guide Price £1,000,000 - £1,100,000** An attractive and surprisingly spacious family home, partly formed from a period barn, in a delightful rural setting half a mile down a no-through lan...