St. Olives Close, Cross in Hand, Heathfield, East Sussex, TN21
- Attractive 'Lions Green' house
- Situated in a private cul-de-sac
- Delightful gardens of about 0.56 of an acre
- Glorious westerly views
- Semi-rural edge of village
- Mainline stations within 10 miles
**Guide Price £775,000 - £825,000**
An attractive and well presented Lions Green house (1920s) enjoying wonderful westerly views and sunsets, tucked away in a much sought after, tranquil and semi-rural location towards the end of a private cul-de-sac, with a delightful garden leading down to a small stream. In all about 0.56 of an acre. EPC E
Woodhatch is an attractive and well-presented detached house originally built in the 1920s by the well-respected local builders Lions Green Works, Horam. The elevations are brick, part tile hung beneath a tiled roof.
There is oil-fired central heating, double glazed upvc windows, and a private drainage treatment plant installed in 2020.
The property is situated in a tucked away location on the fringes of Cross in Hand in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, removed from traffic, and enjoys some wonderful westerly views of the neighbouring countryside and protected woodland.
Woodhatch offers comfortable accommodation with excellent reception areas, and also has potential to extend (subject to the necessary consents).
The main features of the property include:
• Partly glazed entrance porch with double glazed leaded light windows to three sides and a glass panelled door. An oak front door leads directly into the hallway. Stairs rising to the first floor.
• The triple aspect sitting room with excellent natural light has a central oak ceiling beam, brick fireplace with oak mantel, brick hearth and woodburner; useful built-in storage cupboards to one side. Sliding patio doors lead directly into the conservatory which has a ceiling fan and French doors opening out to the terrace and garden.
• Glazed panelled door to the kitchen/dining room, which is triple aspect and has been updated and refitted with a range of contemporary styled gloss wall and base units together with wide pan drawers, complemented with granite worktops. Integrated Neff microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and fridge, together with a Neff 5-burner LPG gas hob and eye level double oven. Space for further fridge freezer and ample space for a table and chairs.
• Off the kitchen and adjacent to the rear door is a cloakroom fitted with a white suite. Small store room housing the oil-fired boiler (installed about 6 years ago) which serves the central heating and hot water.
• On the first floor, there is a landing with a window commanding the spectacular views over the rear garden and rural countryside beyond.
• The principal bedroom enjoys wonderful countryside and woodland views and benefits from built-in wardrobe cupboards. A door leads directly into bedroom 4/office which again enjoys the rural outlook.
• There are two further bedrooms and a fully tiled family bathroom fitted with a bath and Mira shower over, WC and oval hand basin within a vanity unit.
The Gardens and Grounds
These form a really delightful mature setting and provide colour throughout the year, especially early Spring, with abundant bluebells and daffodils, through to late Autumn. The garden is a haven for a wide range of wildlife and birds.
Woodhatch is approached via a gravel driveway with parking for about four cars, with a recently constructed (c2013) detached garage 214 x 133 which has lighting and electricity connected, remote controlled up and over door, two double glazed upvc windows and a upvc side door. There is also a timber lean-to single carport. The oil tank is discreetly sited behind a screened fence adjacent to the carport.
To the front of the property there are mature oak and silver birch trees and an established Japanese acer together with an area of lawn and flourishing shrubs.
To the rear there is a generous terrace with steps down to lawned areas framed with well established mature trees, rhododendron and laurel hedge boundaries, with azaleas and camellia shrubbery.
The garden also benefits from Sussex-style stock fenced boundaries and to the rear a gate leads down to a small stream. There is also a summerhouse.
In all about 0.56 of an acre.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Lamberhurst Down, Lamberhurst, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN3
**Guide £800,000 - £850,000** A much improved and stylishly presented family house in an attractive location on the outskirts of the favoured village of Lamberhurst.DESCRIPTION Whisketts Vie...