Main Road, , Hastings, East Sussex, TN35
- Single storey Victorian Lodge
- Close to Westfield village
- Generous accommodation
- Exceptional countryside views
- Driveway approach
- Barn with lapsed residential consent
**Guide Price £700,000-£750,000**
Attractive detached single storey property, extended to form a comfortable, versatile home with rural views across open countryside, originally part of the Crowham Manor Estate, set within delightful 0.55 acre garden.
Lapsed planning consent to convert the barn into ancillary accommodation. EPC D
Crowham Lodge is an attractive and unusual detached period house (not Listed) that originally served as the Lodge to neighbouring Crowham Manor. The house offers generous accommodation of some 1,805 square feet arranged over one floor.
The current owners have undertaken a significant programme of improvements, including replacement of bathrooms, new kitchen, installation of a log burner in the sitting room and some new flooring.
The property nestles in an attractive garden and offers exceptional views over neighbouring countryside. The elevations are of brick beneath a tiled roof and there are double glazed windows throughout. There is gas fired central heating.
The main features of the property include:
• The spacious reception hall is approached via a panelled and glazed door from the front driveway and features half-height panelling with a slightly vaulted ceiling and a useful coat/storage cupboard.
• Panelled and glazed double doors open through to the spacious sitting room with Karndean wood-effect flooring. There is an exposed brick chimney breast with a slate hearth and wood burner, glazed double doors offer attractive views over the garden and neighbouring countryside and access to the raised terrace.
• A doorway from the sitting room leads to a useful reading/study area which in turn opens to the dining room, a bright double aspect room with lovely views and glazed double doors leading out to the terrace.
• The kitchen has a good range of painted wall and base units with co-ordinating worktops and slate tiled floor. There is a 1½ bowl stainless steel sink with drainer and plumbing for a dishwasher. This is a bright, triple aspect room with a door leading out to the raised terrace.
• The utility room houses the gas boiler and is plumbed for washing machine and tumble dryer.
• From the study/reading area, a further glazed door leads to an inner hall with an excellent fitted bookshelf with storage beneath.
• The principal bedroom is a generous size, double aspect with lovely views. There is a walk-in storage/wardrobe and an en suite shower room with glazed and tiled shower, wash basin and WC, heated towel rail and tiled floor.
• Bedroom 2 is another generous double bedroom, also with a double aspect over the gardens, and with an en suite shower room with glazed and tiled shower cubicle, wash basin in vanity unit, WC, heated towel rail and tiled flooring.
• Bedroom 3 is another double bedroom overlooking the garden and this room is served by the family bathroom/cloakroom, having panelled bath with overhead shower attachment and glazed shower screen, wash basin in vanity unit, WC, part tiled walls and heated towel rail, wood effect flooring.
Crowham Lodge is approached via a driveway which also serves Crowham Manor and has gated access onto its own drive with a generous area of hardstanding providing parking for several cars.
The gardens are a particular feature and wrap around the property on three sides. There is a raised terrace with steps down to the main area of garden, which is largely laid to lawn with mature beds and shrubs. There is a garden shed 67 x 65.
The barn is in need of some repair, and has a lapsed planning consent (reference RR/2016/1432P) to convert into an annexe for ancillary use to the main house.
In all about 0.55 of an acre.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Oak Tree Gardens, Station Road, Hellingly, BN27
**OAK TREE GARDENS - ONLY ONE REMAINING** An exclusive development of just 4 detached chalet style homes situated in the sought-after area of Station Road, Hellingly. Luxuriously appointed with 3/4 be...