Vinehall Road, Mountfield, Robertsbridge, East Sussex, TN32
- Close to Vinehall School
- Semi-detached house
- Period features
- Generous parking
- Spectacular countryside views
- Garden of about 0.19 of an acre
**Guide Price £540,000-£560,000**
An attractive, semi-detached, four-bedroomed house converted from the original Post Office which was built around 1890 and with substantial later additions. A particular feature is the south-west facing garden of about 0.19 of an acre, commanding spectacular far-reaching views over open countryside. EPC D
2 Post Office Cottages is an attractive, semi-detached, four-bedroomed house built around 1890 and converted from the original Post Office, and significantly extended in recent years.
The property offers much character including an excellent sitting room with wooden flooring and an open fireplace. The main elevations to the front are brick beneath a tiled roof and to the rear, rendered and painted. There is gas-fired central heating and double glazed windows and doors throughout, with acoustic glass fitted to the front of the house.
The main features of the property include:
• A door from the paved front garden leads to the entrance hall with slate flagstone flooring and a built-in coat/storage cupboard, exposed beams to the ceiling and a panelled wooden door leads to the sitting room, an impressively proportioned room with wide wooden floorboards, open fireplace with brick chimney breast, hearth and bressummer beam. There are wooden beams to the ceiling and glazed double doors leading out to the terrace and garden.
• The kitchen is situated to the front of the house and offers a good range of painted wooden wall and base units with solid timber worktops, butler sink with mixer tap and filtered water tap. Plumbing for a dishwasher and washing machine, exposed beams to the ceiling and slate flagstone flooring with attractive tiled splashbacks.
• This room leads to the dining room which has a slate flagstone floor and two windows overlooking the terrace and garden and countryside beyond. The cloakroom has a slate flagstone floor, WC and wash basin.
• The striking vaulted first floor landing has exposed beams and a suspended wagon wheel light. There is also a door to the large west-facing balcony and the wonderful views.
• The principal bedroom is a comfortable, double aspect room with fitted wardrobe cupboard, hatch access to loft, wonderful views to the rear over the garden and countryside beyond.
• Bedroom 2 also features a vaulted ceiling with exposed beams. Bedroom 3 is another double bedroom, whilst bedroom 4/study has a built-in wardrobe cupboard and exposed beams to the ceiling, with south-west facing views.
• The bathroom is an unusual room with vaulted ceilings and exposed beams. There is a rolltop bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, glazed and tiled shower cubicle, WC and pedestal wash basin, tiled floor and part-tiled walls.
To the front there is a small paved garden with an area of hardstanding, which offers access to the detached garage which is supplied with good electrical power points.
The rear garden features a substantial paved terrace with two steps up to the main lawn and area of garden which then leads to a further section of land which provides an unexpected bonus.
In all about 0.19 of an acre.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Willow Close, Ludpit Lane, Etchingham, East Sussex, TN19
**Guide Price £575,000 - £625,000** An excellent, four-bedroom family house with a garden and off-road parking, situated in a tucked away location in the heart of the village and enjoying co...