Ivyhouse Lane, Hastings, East Sussex, TN35
- Farm and equestrian property
- 30 acres
- Rural location
- Close to Three Oaks station
- House and separate flat
- Equestrian and farm buildings
- Pasture fields and woodland
A rare opportunity to acquire a mature detached house with 30 acres of land, previously used for equestrian purposes, the extensive outbuildings, barn and flat give the potential for home and income opportunity, with panoramic views across the Sussex countryside. EPC E.
Zoybank has been the family home for the present owner for the last 37 years and comprises an older-style detached house, in need of some updating, and with potential to create a larger family home. The elevations are brick, part rendered and colour-washed beneath a tiled roof and there is gas central heating and sealed unit double glazed windows.
The main features of the property include:
• Front door to entrance hall; trap door to the cellar housing the gas central heating boiler; cloakroom with basin and WC, part tiled walls. Staircase to the first floor. The useful study is double aspect.
• The dining room has two steps leading down to the impressive drawing room, from where, through picture windows, panoramic views are enjoyed over its own land and countryside beyond. Inglenook-style fireplace with oak bressumer beam and stone hearth, fitted with Efel gas stove.
• The kitchen/breakfast room has traditional Poggenpohl units, stainless steel sink with drainer to the side, work surfaces with cupboards and drawers beneath, with recess for washing machine and tumble drier. Four-ring electric hob with two-ring gas hob to the side, extractor fan above. Double oven with grill. Range of eye level units and further storage cupboards. Recess for refrigerator. Further circular sink inset into breakfast bar with cupboards below. Lovely views over countryside.
• The spacious side hall has coat hanging hooks and a door to the garden, together with an adjacent shower room with shower (currently disconnected), basin and WC.
• The first floor has a pleasant landing. Bedroom 1 is double aspect with sliding glazed doors onto large balcony from where extensive views are enjoyed. Bank of wardrobe cupboards along one wall and fitted dressing table with drawers and cupboards below, further wardrobe cupboard.
• Bedroom 2 is double aspect and bedroom 3 also enjoys the views.
• The bathroom has an original Sun King suite of basin, bidet, WC and shower cubicle, together with a heated towel rail, and airing cupboard housing the hot water cylinder with immersion heater.
Zoybank has three drive approaches from the lane, one by the house into the concreted yard, another via a driveway below the Grooms Flat to a parking area for a large number of vehicles, and the third to the portal-framed barn.
A pedestrian gate leads over a paved pathway to the front door and this extends and leads round to both sides of the house, where there are terraces.
To the front of the house are areas of lawn with flower borders including an ornamental fish pond, and close boarded fencing shields the property from the road.
The garden lies principally to the rear and is laid to lawn with a number of trees and shrubs including camellia, azalea, fruit trees, pampas grass, hellebores and Spring bulbs. Far-reaching views enjoyed over the surrounding countryside.
Beneath the drawing room is a storage area for garden equipment and within the garden is a potting shed with water connected.
This single storey accommodation is attached to the range of stabling and has its own gas fired central heating and sealed unit double glazed windows. It has not been occupied for a while and would benefit from some updating.
The flat has the potential to be used as a Holiday Let with the appropriate permissions, having access via its own gateway and parking area.
The accommodation comprises:
• Spacious entrance hall, sitting room, a triple aspect room with extensive views over its own land and surrounding countryside.
• Kitchen with 1½ bowl stainless steel sink unit inset into work surfaces with cupboards and drawers beneath, range of eye level units with space below and plumbing for washing machine and recess for a cooker; cupboard housing the gas fired boiler.
• The kitchen opens into a good sized dining area.
• Bedroom 1 has an en suite cloakroom with WC and wash basin. There are two further bedrooms, both with views.
• Spacious family bathroom with panel-enclosed bath, shower cubicle with shower attachment, pedestal wash basin, WC.
These are located around a concreted yard close to the house and could be re-purposed to suit a a variety of needs, and comprise:-
Seven loose boxes, open-fronted garage with adjoining garage with double opening timber doors. Large tack room/feed store with water and electricity connected. Further lockable storage areas. Open-fronted cart lodge style barn with a large enclosed storage area to the side.
From the stable yard a gateway gives access down to the manège, pasture land, and to the Grooms Cottage.
Portal-Framed Farm Building
This is situated at a slight remove from the house/equestrian facilities and has its own separate gated access and driveway.
There is a large area of hardstanding for farm machinery. The barn measures 588 x 288 and has five bays, accessed via a wide opening roller door to the front with good height and a pedestrian door to the rear. There is a concrete floor and power connected to the barn.
Fields and Woodland
The pasture fields extend to about 20 acres with one field to the east accessed via a right of way down a track leading off Ivyhouse Lane. In addition, there are about 9 acres of woodland and a small stream.
Gardens and grounds - in all about 30 acres.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Stone Cross, Mayfield, East Sussex, TN20
A most attractive Arts and Crafts style late Victorian village property with a wealth of period features and beautiful mature gardens of over a third of an acre, within half a mile of the village High...
Fir Toll Road, Mayfield, East Sussex, TN20
A rare opportunity to acquire an extended semi-detached family home in an attractive rural setting with views, equestrian facilities and useful outbuildings, in all approaching 25 acres and situated j...
Chestnut Avenue, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4
**Guide Price £1,200,000 - £1,300,000** A wonderful opportunity to acquire a well presented detached 6 bedroom family house with off street parking, good size garden and views over green ope...