Heathfield Road, Burwash, Etchingham, East Sussex, TN19
- CHAIN FREE
- Detached Victorian house (not listed)
- Stunning countryside views
- 0.63 of an acre
- Adjoining National Trust Batemans Estate
- Detached garage/outbuilding
- Ample parking
- Etchingham mainline station 3.3 miles
**Guide Price £895,000**
A unique opportunity to acquire a beautiful detached family home, adjoining National Trust land, situated on the west side of Burwash village with stunning countryside views both to the north and south, wonderful gardens, together with off-road parking and garage. In all approximately 0.63 of an acre. CHAIN FREE.
Rocksmead is an attractive detached Victorian house, with part rendered, part brick and part weatherboarded elevations beneath a tiled roof. The property has been sensitively updated, retaining period features, offers well-proportioned and versatile accommodation throughout and benefits from new gas-fired central heating and wood burner.
The main features of the property include:
• The front door leads into a tiled entrance porch and onto a reception hall which is finished with polished parquet flooring. Off the entrance hall is a cloakroom.
• The sitting room has a bay sash window overlooking the front of the property, picture rail and wood burner recessed within fireplace with painted wood surround and slate hearth. A further door leads into the useful storeroom which also houses the gas-fired boiler and new pressurised water system tank.
• The dining room has a bay sash window to the front of the property, high ceiling, parquet flooring, picture rails and feature fireplace with built-in cupboards and shelving to both sides.
• The south-facing drawing room is positioned to the rear of the property with a bay window and attractive open fireplace with Victorian-style surround, picture rail and high ceiling. A door leads directly into a comfortable study which is finished with a quarry tiled floor and has windows to the side and rear; a patio door leads directly into the sunroom with French doors onto the garden.
• The kitchen/breakfast room has been renovated in the last few years and has a high ceiling, fitted base units along one wall, open shelves, sapele worktop, sink, space for range within the chimney breast recess, and ample space for table and chairs. A sliding door leads directly into a useful walk-in larder area which is finished with a worktop, base cupboards and further space for an American-style fridge freezer. The utility room has space for a washer-dryer, and has a stainless steel sink with cupboards. There is a further walk-in pantry with original slate worktops for additional storage.
• On the first floor there are four excellent bedrooms all positioned to benefit from the wonderful countryside views to both the north and south. One bedroom, to the rear of the property, also benefits from an en suite shower with basin and cupboard beneath. There is a separate family bathroom fitted with a white suite.
The house is screened from the road with a mixed mature hedge. A driveway provides parking for several vehicles and is laid to pea shingle.
The driveway wraps to the side of the property and is adjacent to an excellent detached garage/outbuilding 328 x 136 with a pitch tiled roof. There is a side door leading to the garden and windows to both sides.
To the rear of the property the generous gardens are laid to lawn, interspersed with mature shrubs, trees and established flower beds. The gardens are truly delightful with a wonderful English country garden feel.
There are several places to sit in the garden to enjoy the wonderful southerly countryside views.
Boundaries to the garden are predominantly enclosed by mixed mature hedging and trees. Towards the rear of the garden is an orchard and a further area of lawn.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Chalket Lane, Pembury, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2
An opportunity to acquire a four bedroom detached house, set in half an acre of gardens and grounds, in need of modernisation in a semi-rural location and yet within a quarter of a mile of Pembury vil...
Great Footway, Langton Green, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN3
**Guide Price £815,000 - £825,000** An excellent detached family home with four bedrooms and three reception rooms situated in a quiet sought after cul-de-sac within the popular village of L...