Winton Street, Alfriston, Polegate, East Sussex, BN26
- Beautiful rural Downland setting
- Close to Alfriston village
- Berwick station about 2.2 miles
- Grade II Listed period house
- Separate home office
- About 1/3rd of an acre
**Guide Price £1,100,000 - £1,250,000**
Classically picturesque, well-presented Grade II Listed period house in a rural Downland setting with delightful views, together with a Home Office and pretty 1/3rd acre garden.
Only a few minutes walk from Alfriston village, with easy access to footpaths and bridleways of the South Downs National Park.
A classically picturesque and well-presented Grade II Listed period house in a beautiful rural Downland setting with delightful views, the front elevation being brick, colour-washed white with exposed timbering beneath a tiled roof.
There is oil-fired central heating, sealed unit double glazed windows, and most ceiling heights are generous for a period house of this age.
The main features are:
• Front door to timber-framed entrance porch with pitch tiled roof and brick floor. Stable-type inner door to the farmhouse kitchen/breakfast room, which is well fitted with twin glazed sinks inset into work surfaces with cupboards and drawers beneath, brick floor, integrated electric oven with grill and induction hob, plumbing for dishwasher, space for fridge/freezer, door to the rear garden.
• The delightful sitting room has a wide inglenook fireplace with oak bressummer beam and multi fuel burner, brick floor, double aspect and exposed timbering.
• The well-proportioned dining room is double aspect and has a timbered ceiling.
• The inner hall has a door to the rear garden and secondary staircase to the first floor.
• The useful study/bedroom 4 has a cupboard beneath the stairs. Adjacent is a cloak/shower room with separate shower cubicle, basin and WC.
• The first floor is approached via two staircases, the main one rising to a small landing and the principal bedroom which has a vaulted ceiling, oak floor, exposed timbering and en suite bathroom with rolltop bath, pedestal wash basin, WC, shower cubicle, and exposed timbering.
• Bedroom 2 is double aspect and has an oak floor and an en suite bathroom with bath having shower attachment, basin, WC and eaves storage cupboards.
• The second staircase rises to an attractive sitting area with eaves storage cupboards.
• Bedroom 3 has an oak floor and exposed timbers.
This cleverly designed building is sited within the garden and has a high level of insulation, electricity and WiFi.
Traditionally built brick and tile outbuilding converted into a utility room/boiler house, having plumbing for washing machine and oil-fired central heating boiler.
Excellent summer house with electricity connected. Timber garden shed.
These form a delightful, sheltered setting for Well Cottage and comprise a gravelled parking area with steps up to the front door, areas of lawn studded with a selection of fruit trees.
A wide terrace flanks the rear south-facing elevation and further areas of lawn, shrub border, ornamental trees, hedge-enclosed boundaries providing shelter and privacy, and enjoying sweeping views of the South Downs.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Harmers Hill, Newick, Lewes, East Sussex, BN8
An impressive well proportioned family home with a modern and contemporary feel, set in a peaceful location enjoying superb countryside views and set in the popular and sought after village of Newick....
POAPrice On Application
Bemzells Lane, Trolliloes, Hailsham, BN27
An attractive, detached house providing spaciously planned accommodation, together with a separate indoor pool, double garage with room above, mature garden, ponds and paddock. Situated in a delightfu...