Heathfield Road, Burwash Weald, Etchingham, East Sussex, TN19
- Popular Burwash Weald
- Semi-detached cottage
- Off-road parking
- Two good sized bedrooms
- Front and rear garden
- Paved terrace
A very attractive, semi-detached cottage in popular Burwash Weald. The house offers very well presented accommodation over two floors with the advantage of front and rear gardens and off-street parking for two cars. EPC D
Shant Cottage is an attractive, semi-detached cottage set back from Heathfield Road behind a tiered front garden. The accommodation is arranged over two floors and is surprisingly spacious, including separate sitting and dining rooms and a well appointed kitchen, two generous bedrooms and a smart family bathroom.
There are front and rear gardens and the rare benefit of off-street parking for two cars.
The elevations are a mix of painted brick render and weatherboarding and part tile hung beneath a tiled roof. There is double glazing throughout and gas-fired central heating.
The main features of the property include:
• At present the house is approached via the rear garden with a door from the side passage leading to the kitchen, a well-appointed room with painted wooden wall and base units and wooden worktops, incorporating a butlers sink with drainer. There is a Bosch gas hob with overhead extractor and Bosch oven beneath, integrated Indesit dishwasher, plumbing for washing machine. Tiled flooring with underfloor heating, and low voltage spotlights.
• One step leads up to the dining room, an attractive and useful room with wooden flooring and exposed brick to one wall. Window overlooking the passage to the side of the house.
• A timber panelled door leads to the family bathroom with tiled and glazed shower cubicle, pedestal wash basin and WC, heated towel rail, tiled floor with underfloor heating, and part tiled walls with a skylight window above.
• The pleasant sitting room is two steps up from the dining room and features an exposed brick chimney breast with brick and stone hearth and fitted log burner. A cupboard in one corner houses the gas central heating boiler and a door opens to what was originally the entrance porch which now serves as storage and currently houses a tumble drier.
• The first floor comprises the principal bedroom, a generous double bedroom with a window to the front of the house. The second bedroom is situated to the rear of the house with views over the garden and beyond, and has a fitted wardrobe cupboard.
The original front entrance from Heathfield Road is no longer in use and so the house is currently approached from the rear where there are two off-street parking spaces and a gate leading to the rear garden, which has a lawn and raised beds planted with a range of shrubs and flowers. There is a paved terrace area with ample space for entertaining and al fresco dining and a timber garden shed.
A passageway to the side of the house leads to the front garden which is also part paved with a raised lawned section. There is a useful log store in this area.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Lower Street, Fittleworth, Pulborough, West Sussex, RH20
A charming Grade II listed, semi-detached stone cottage believed to date to the early 1800s enjoying a wealth of character, with period features including exposed beams and fireplaces, garden and ampl...
High Street, Burwash, Etchingham, East Sussex, TN19
A charming attached, two-bedroom cottage situated in the heart of Burwash village, together with an off-road parking space and separate, fence-enclosed courtyard style garden. EPC EDescription 2 Squ...