Trolliloes Lane, Cowbeech, East Sussex, BN27
- Period farmhouse (not listed)
- Edge of village location
- Beautifully presented
- Attractive gardens
- In all about 0.6 of an acre
- Country lane setting
- Cart lodge garaging
A handsome and exceptionally well-presented detached period farmhouse (not Listed) sympathetically renovated in recent years, featuring well-proportioned rooms to provide light and spacious accommodation, enjoying an attractive country lane setting within a few minutes walk of this rural village. EPC F
A handsome and exceptionally well-presented detached period farmhouse (not Listed) sympathetically renovated in recent years, featuring well-proportioned rooms to provide light and airy accommodation. The elevations are brick with the front rendered and colour washed beneath a tiled roof.
The interior is featured by high ceilings, exposed light oak timbering and brickwork, together with some new timber framed sealed unit double glazed windows. There is oil-fired central heating, mains drainage and fibre optic broadband.
The main features are:
• Front door to spacious hall with cupboard beneath stairs and part brick floor.
• The delightful drawing room has an open fireplace, exposed timbers and view over the garden.
• The well-proportioned dining room has an inglenook fireplace (sealed) with inset carved panelling, hidden cupboard and bench seat. Recessed alcove to one side, exposed timbering and views over the garden.
• The sitting room/snug has a brick inglenook fireplace with wood burner and recess to one side, exposed timbering and brickwork.
• The excellent kitchen/breakfast room has a vaulted ceiling in the breakfast area. There is a glazed sink with granite working surfaces, cupboards and drawers beneath, plate rack, glass-fronted cupboard, plumbing for dishwasher and Rangemaster electric cooker. Fired Earth brick flooring, stable door to the front garden and the adjacent laundry/utility room.
• The good sized rear hall has a tiled floor, two cupboards, steps down to the wine cellar, door to the rear garden and driveway. Cloakroom with basin and WC.
• On the first floor is an attractive landing. The principal bedroom is double aspect and has a range of fitted wardrobe cupboards, drawers and dressing table, fine timbering. Adjoining bathroom with bath having shower attachment, basin, bidet and WC.
• Guest bedroom 2 has an en suite shower room with shower cubicle, basin and WC.
• There are two further bedrooms, one of which has a high timbered ceiling, fireplace flanked by two fitted wardrobe cupboards, bookshelves and old oak boarded floor.
• The second floor has a large landing with vaulted ceiling and bedroom 5 with sloping ceiling and easy access to a useful roof storage space. There is also a study area and an excellent bathroom with rolltop slipper bath, basin with cupboard beneath and WC.
Office/Garden Room/ Laundry/Utility Room
This traditional, detached, brick and tile building sits close to the house and has been converted into an excellent multi-purpose space, currently fitted with a range of double height storage cupboards along one wall, with fridge and freezer, twin glazed sink, plumbing for washing machine and dryer. Electric underfloor heating, door to the front garden.
Bimsells is approached from the lane onto a gravelled parking/turning area for a good number of vehicles. There is a timber framed, open-fronted, cart lodge garaging for two cars with electric car charging point.
The gardens and grounds form an attractive setting, with a level area of lawn, fruit trees and timber garden shed.
Adjacent to the rear hall and kitchen/breakfast room section of the house is a flint wall enclosed area of garden, ideal for morning coffee/afternoon tea, brick terrace, lawn, flower beds.
In addition, at the west-facing front of the house, there is a large section of garden, principally lawn with a number of established trees, including mature beech and oak, and a large pond.
In all about 0.6 of an acre.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation