Powdermill Lane, Battle, East Sussex, TN33
- Superb country house
- Close to Battle town centre and station
- Ideal family living and entertaining
- Secondary accommodation
- Park-like grounds
- Leisure complex with indoor swimming pool
- Long drive approach
- Agricultural portal-framed barn
- Field extending to some 6.2 acres
An imposing country house extending to about 10,606 square feet, set down a long driveway, together with a detached two-bedroomed cottage, garaging with flat above, leisure complex with indoor swimming pool, mature gardens and grounds including pasture fields and woodland - in all about 16.6 acres.
An impressive country house, set down its own driveway, the elevations being brick beneath a pitch tiled roof, with sash windows and generous room proportions. Of particular note is the superb kitchen/breakfast/family room, and the property lends itself to family living and entertaining.
Burntwood House is heated by an air source heat pump which was installed in recent years and there is sealed unit double glazing.
• Front door to entrance hall leading into spacious reception hall with tiled floor, attractive marble fireplace with wood burning stove, range of cloaks cupboards, staircase to first floor. Cloakroom.
• Drawing room having fireplace with marble mantelpiece, two sets of double opening doors opening onto the side and rear terrace with far reaching views over its own gardens, grounds and countryside beyond.
• The sitting room is located in the centre of the house, with a marble fireplace, glass-fronted display cupboards and two sets of double opening doors leading onto the rear terrace.
• The study is located to the front of the house with views down the driveway, and has a marble fireplace, deep recess with shelving.
• Fantastic kitchen/breakfast/family room with a range of kitchen units including twin bowl sink unit inset into work surfaces with range of base units beneath, AEG 5-ring hob with extractor above, two AEG eye-level ovens with grill, range of eye-level units. Central island unit with cupboards below and breakfast bar. Larder cupboards with central recess for American-style fridge freezer. Large walk-in pantry. From the kitchen there are triple concertina doors to the rear terrace.
• Two wide openings with concertina doors leading to the exceptionally spacious conservatory/family area with glazed windows throughout and two sets of doors leading onto the terrace and garden. Cloakroom 2 with large wash basin and WC.
• Utility room with twin glazed butler sink inset into work surfaces with cupboards beneath, recess and plumbing for tumble dryer and washing machine. Further built-in cupboards and boot racks. Door to the rear hall housing the hot water cylinder and with a door to the outside.
• Staircase to the first floor landing with airing and linen cupboards. The impressive master bedroom suite has a double aspect bedroom with a door to a roof terrace with wonderful views over the countryside beyond. The en suite bathroom has twin wash basins set into vanity units, double shower cubicle with jets, bath with telephone shower attachment, WC, heated towel rail. Good sized dressing room with fitted wardrobes and dressing table, chest of drawers.
• There are four further bedrooms on this floor, two of which have access onto the roof terrace and one with an en suite shower room.
• The family bathroom has a panel enclosed bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, wash basin, WC, heated towel rail.
• Staircase to the second floor landing with wood strip flooring and built-in wardrobe and two box rooms. This floor provides excellent additional accommodation with two further bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, and a hobbies room.
The Leisure Complex
This is accessed from the reception hall via a covered walkway and comprises an indoor heated swimming pool with mosaic tiling and non-slip surround, hot tub, shower room, separate WC and plant room housing the heating and filtration system.
There are four sets of double opening glazed doors leading to the outside as well as two sets of four glazed concertina doors to a private area of decking overlooking the hard tennis court (in need of repair). A staircase leads to the first floor party room 57 x 174 at either end of which are two sets of double opening doors to Juliet balconies.
Located to the north-east of the house this comprises:
• Good sized double aspect living room with double opening glazed doors to the front.
• Kitchen with stainless steel sink unit with drainer to the side inset into work surfaces with cupboards and drawers beneath, 4-ring gas hob with oven below and extractor above, eye-level units.
• Bedroom, bathroom with panel-enclosed bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, wash basin, WC, airing cupboard housing the hot water cylinder with immersion heater. Inner hall with access to the courtyard garden.
• Staircase to bedroom 2 with two sets of wardrobe cupboards and eaves storage space.
• Concrete parking area to the front of the cottage with timber single garage and implement store to the side.
Garage Block and Flat Above
Excellent garage block 428 x 287 of brick and block construction with two sets of electronically operated doors, large work bench with power connected. The staircase leading to the first floor flat can be accessed both internally and externally.
The flat comprises a kitchen/living room with stainless steel sink unit with drainer to the side inset into work surface with cupboards and drawers beneath, bedroom with en suite shower room. From the living room double opening glazed doors lead to a Juliet balcony.
Gardens and Grounds
Burntwood House is accessed from the lane via electronically operated double opening gates with brick pillars leading down a long tarmac driveway with large oval turning area providing parking for a good number of vehicles and having a central pond.
The gardens are principally laid to lawn with wonderful mature trees including oaks, horse chestnut and sycamore. The house is surrounded by terracing which lends itself ideally to outside dining and entertaining, with privacy and wonderful views.
Within the garden is an outside bar, sunken trampoline, circular tiki hut with heater.
A paved pathway leads down to a further expanse of lawn with wooded areas on either side.
Discreetly tucked within the grounds is a good sized agricultural portal-framed barn 491 x 2411 with roller door and pedestrian door to the side. This building can be accessed via a separate track from the side of the garaging which leads down through the woodland to the rear of the barn.
Adjoining the garden, and also approached via a right of way over a neighbouring driveway, is a field extending to 6.2 acres with a former field shelter.
Gardens and grounds in all about 16.6 acres.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation