Watermill Lane, Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex, TN39
- Grade II Listed 18th century house
- Country lane location
- Catsfield village about 1.7 miles
- Three bedrooms
- Period features
- Ample parking
- Pretty garden - about 0.23 of an acre
**Guide Price £750,000 - £775,000**
An attractive and beautifully presented Grade II Listed 18th century house in a rural but not isolated country lane location, together with a very pretty garden having frontage to a small stream. In all about 0.23 of an acre.
An attractive and beautifully presented Grade II Listed 18th century house, the elevations being brick, faced with rough cast, part white painted weatherboard beneath a tiled roof. There is oil-fired central heating.
The main features of the property include:
• Front door to enclosed porch. Inner door to the dining hall with open fireplace and exposed timbers. Inner hall with cupboards and cloakroom having a basin and WC.
• The delightful sitting room has an inglenook fireplace with brick inset, wooden floor and exposed timbers. The study is double aspect with an outlook over the stream.
• The rear hall has a storage cupboard, exposed brickwork to one wall, quarry tiled floor, fitted shelving and an oil-fired central heating boiler. The utility room has a washing machine and drier, quarry tiled floor and door to the garden.
• The kitchen/breakfast room has a sink unit, wood working surfaces with cupboards and drawers beneath, wall cupboards, a dishwasher, quarry tiled floor, electric Rangemaster cooker and Calor gas hob, wood-burning stove. The breakfast area has, on one wall, panelling to half height, wall-mounted television point and doors to the terrace and rear garden.
• The first floor is approached via a staircase which divides into two sections of landing, one with storage cupboards.
• The principal bedroom has exposed timbering, fireplace, clothes cupboard, wooden floorboards and an en suite shower room with shower cubicle, wash basin and WC.
• There are two further bedrooms, one with a clothes cupboard, and a family bathroom with bath having shower attachment, basin and WC.
• The second floor is approached by an easy rising staircase to two excellent attic rooms which inter-communicate and have timber floors, windows and sloping ceilings.
Brick and tile garage with, to the front, a useful carport extension.
Brick and tile garden store.
The gardens form a particularly delightful feature, with to the front a very pretty area providing ample parking space.
The majority of the garden lies to the rear and is bounded on one side by an established hedge to provide seclusion and on the other has frontage to a small stream.
There is a large paved terrace adjacent to the house, ideal for entertaining in the summer, together with lawn, flower beds, area of rough grass, and a number of established trees and shrubs.
In all about 0.23 of an acre
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Western Road, Newick, Lewes, East Sussex, BN8
A well-presented 3 bedroom detached chalet bungalow offering flexible accommodation with a generous south facing garden in a convenient position with easy access to all the amenities offered in the po...
Forest Gate House, 63 Broadwater Down, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2
An exclusive ground floor three bedroom apartment with a private terrace, located in an imposing building within the conservation area of the favoured Broadwater Down adjacent to Hargate F...