Hammer Lane, Cowbeech, Hailsham, BN27
- Small country estate
- Private rural location
- Fine Grade II* Listed house
- Separate annexe cottage
- Excellent outbuildings
- Swimming pool, tennis court, paddocks
- Beautiful gardens and grounds
- About 27 acres
A small country estate in East Sussex with 27 acres, comprising a fine Grade II* Listed house in a rural location, together with a detached annexe cottage, excellent Sussex Barn/party room, garaging for 7 cars, outbuildings, swimming pool, tennis court, beautiful gardens, grounds and pasture - in all about 27 acres.
90 acres available separately.
Court Horeham is a very fine Grade II* Listed house dating from the 17th century or earlier of timber framed construction with red brick and grey headers, plaster infill and a hipped mellow-tiled roof with pentice on the west side. Below the eaves on the east and south sides are wrought iron scroll brackets of S shape.
The interior benefits from some fine exposed oak timbers and casement windows with diamond-shaped panes, part of the accommodation has been formed into a separate annexe section, ideal for guests or staff. There is oil-fired central heating.
The main features of the property include:
• Front door to L-shaped entrance hall with slate tiled floor, exposed timbering, built-in storage cupboard, and useful cupboard beneath the stairs for china and glass.
• Large cloakroom with basin and WC and access to the wine cellar. Large pantry with stainless steel sink, working surface and fitted shelving.
• The well-proportioned drawing room has an impressive inglenook fireplace with steel canopy, wide oak-framed window overlooking the front garden, exposed timbering and door to the front Hall. Door to the study with a corner brick fireplace and exposed timbers.
• The impressive dining room has a fireplace and exposed timbering, door to the front hall. Steps down to the attractive sun room with decorative tiled floor, oak window frames and French doors to the garden.
• The kitchen/breakfast room is fitted with twin stainless steel sink units, tiled working surfaces with cupboards and drawers beneath and wall cupboards above, two-oven oil-fired Aga, built-in double oven and separate electric hob. Plumbing for dishwasher. Slate floor.
• From the kitchen there is a door to the integral annexe comprising hall with door to the garden and larder cupboard with plumbing for washing machine.
• A secondary staircase rises to the half landing and bathroom with bath having shower attachment, basin and WC. On to the main landing with access to roof space and attractive double aspect bedroom 5 with clothes cupboards, and single bedroom 6.
• The main first floor landing is approached by a staircase from the entrance hall and has linen and coat cupboards.
• Guest Bedroom 2 has exposed timbering and an en suite bathroom with bath, basin and WC.
• There are two further bedrooms, one of which has cupboards, and a family bathroom with green bath, basin and WC.
• The second floor is approached from the main landing to principal bedroom 1 with a high vaulted ceiling, extensive range of wardrobe cupboards and large bathroom, also with a vaulted ceiling, double sized jacuzzi bath, twin basins, WC and separate steam shower cubicle.
This comprises a detached, single storey annexe cottage in need of improvement, the elevations being weatherboarded beneath a tiled roof, and comprises living room/kitchen; inner hall; two bedrooms, one with en suite cloakroom; bathroom.
In addition, there is an integral double garage with electrically operated up and over door.
The Sussex Barn/Party Room
This comprises a fine, detached, timber-framed barn which has been converted into a wonderful party/billiard room 337 x 177 with a staircase to a mezzanine floor 177 x 129.
Attached to the barn is a single storey outbuilding , currently used as a freezer room 14 x 126, and large log store 208 x 14.
Timber and tile garage block surmounted by a clock tower and providing open-fronted garaging for four cars, and a workshop. Single garage 162 x 82. Former chicken house 1082 x 376 with concrete floor.
The Gardens and Grounds
These form a really beautiful and established setting to Court Horeham, with a gravel drive approach and ample turning/parking space between the main house and outbuildings.
The gardens have been designed to provide a number of secluded areas with differing degrees of formality. To the south of the house is a paved terrace with climbing roses and wisteria, and areas of lawn.
A particular feature is the excellent sheltered heated swimming pool which captures plenty of sunshine and is adjacent to the annexe cottage. There is a large paved terrace covered by an electrically operated awning and thus an ideal entertaining area in the summer. Timber summer house and timber pool house for the filter plant, etc.
There are further sections of lawn, two inter-linking ponds and a small island, a wonderful selection of mature trees including weeping willow, sycamore and oak, specimen shrubs and an abundance of Spring flowers.
Beyond is a fence-enclosed hard tennis court, vegetable garden, greenhouse 20 x 10, revolving summer house, brick Well House, brick and tile boiler house with oil-fired central heating boiler.
In addition, there are three excellent paddocks, one of which has gated access onto the lane.
In all about 27 acres.
A further 90 acres of farmland are available by separate negotiation.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation