Horns Corner, Catsfield, Battle, East Sussex, TN33
£1,400,000Offers In Excess Of
- Semi-rural edge of village location
- Mainline stations within 3 and 5 miles
- Local shop within 1 mile
- Newly built with excellent eco-credentials
- Well removed from passing traffic
- Farmland views
- Approximately 1 acre of garden
- Additional 7 acres potentially available
An exceptional country house, newly built in the style of a Sussex Barn, providing spacious accommodation extending to 3,827 ft2 with great eco-credentials. Well removed from passing traffic being situated at the end of a driveway. Farmland views and about 1 acre of garden and grounds.
Masters Barn provides superb accommodation, being newly constructed to high specifications with Ecoya windows, Cat 6 wiring throughout and fibre broadband. Zoned underfloor heating on the ground floor and bathrooms with universal sprinkler system, stand light switch, USB sockets and multi-point locking systems on all windows and doors.
The central heating is via an air source heat pump and there are 14kw solar panels on the southern elevation pre-wired to enable electricity alpha battery to be installed and pre-wired for electric car charging points in the garage.
The accommodation is light and spacious and is arranged as follows:
• Glass-panelled door with glazed panel to the side into impressive reception hall with superb custom-made ash staircase up to full height, porcelain tiled floor.
• Drawing room of excellent proportions with engineered oak flooring, triple aspect, concertina doors with stunning southerly views, Stovax wood burning stove.
• From the reception hall a wide opening leads into the dining room with wonderful views to the rear. Double opening glazed doors into the superb kitchen/breakfast/family room with 1½ bowl Elleci sink unit with boiler tap inset into Minerva work surface with cupboards and drawers beneath incorporating integrated Hotpoint dishwasher, AEG double oven with grill and AEG combi-microwave to the side, integrated full height refrigerator. Large island unit with breakfast bar having induction hob with down draught extractor fan. Range of cupboards and saucepan drawers below, breakfast bar, wine rack and wine cooler.
• The utility room has a 1½ bowl stainless steel sink unit with drainer to the side inset into work surfaces with space for washing machine and tumble dryer beneath. Comprehensive range of cupboards and integrated full height deep freezer. Part-glazed door to the side garden and door to the cloakroom with WC, wash basin inset into vanity unit, cupboard housing Joule pressurised hot water cylinder.
• Staircase to first floor galleried landing with engineered oak flooring.
• Double aspect master bedroom leading into the dressing room. and en suite bathroom with oval bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, his and hers wash basins inset into vanity unit with drawers beneath, WC, walk-in shower cubicle with drench head and telephone shower attachment. Heated towel rail.
• On this floor there are three further bedrooms, all incorporating wardrobes, and family bathroom with oval bath with mixer tap and shower attachment, wash basin with cupboards beneath, shower cubicle with drench head and telephone shower attachment, WC.
• The impressive staircase leads to the second floor landing with useful eaves storage cupboards and Velux window giving wonderful southerly views. Two excellent rooms on this floor which could either be used as additional bedrooms or could lend themselves to a number of other uses if desired.
Approached from the lane over a shared driveway and then onto its own private driveway via a five bar gate onto a good sized pea beach parking/turning area for a number of cars with brick dwarf wall, flower borders and lawns to the side.
Within the driveway is a two-bay oak framed carport with light and power connected.
A broad brick pathway leads round to the rear of the house where there is a wide porcelain paved terrace which gives a superb outlook over gardens and grounds.
The gardens are laid to lawn, partly hedge enclosed, with a mature silver birch tree.
In all about 1 acre.
Note: An additional 7 acres potentially available by separate negotiation.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation
Beacon Road West, Crowborough, East Sussex, TN6
A beautifully presented detached house situated in the popular Warren area of Crowborough and within easy reach of the Ashdown Forest. The house has been extensively refurbished to a high standard th...