West End, Herstmonceux, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27
- Close to amenities of Herstmonceux
- Mainline station about 8.4 miles
- Comprehensively refurbished property
- Generous corner plot
- Detached double garage and parkiing
- Separate workshop/garden store
**Guide Price £600,000 - £650,000**
A very attractive, detached house on a generous corner plot, comprehensively refurbished to a high standard whilst retaining much character. Sitting on a wrap around garden with a double garage and further outbuilding. EPC E.
Old Buckwell is a very attractive, detached, two storey house sitting on a generous corner plot with wrap around gardens. Comprehensively refurbished whilst retaining much character and charm.
There is a newly installed LPG central heating system, partial double glazing, and the electrics have been overhauled. The elevations are of brick with some featherboarding to the rear beneath a tiled roof.
The main features of the property include:
• A tiled porch leads to the entrance hall with a solid wood panelled door leading to the generously proportioned sitting/dining room with a plethora of exposed timber, brick inglenook fireplace with bressummer beam and cast iron hood, glazed double doors out to the garden, feature leaded light double windows leading through to the breakfast room.
• The breakfast room features Karndean flooring, exposed beams and a fitted log burner with a brick chimney breast and bressummer beam. This space leads directly through to the kitchen which is fitted with an excellent range of painted wall and base units with granite worktops incorporating double porcelain butler sink with mixer taps, a Cookmaster range cooker with five rings, three ovens and an overhead extractor. Under counter refrigerator.
• A panelled door leads to the extremely useful utility/boot room again with a range of fitted wall and base units with granite worktops, stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, space for washing machine. A door leads from this area to the cloakroom with low level WC, wash basin in vanity unit, heated towel rail, and exposed beams.
• A staircase leads to the first floor landing. The principal bedroom has part-exposed and part-painted brick chimney breast, beams to the walls and ceiling. There is a staircase with a retractable hatch to an attic room, at present used for storage, and with two windows overlooking West End and with potential for further enhancement (subject to the necessary planning consents).
• Bedroom 2 is an excellent double bedroom, again with exposed beams to the ceiling and walls and with views over the garden and neighbouring properties. Bedroom 3 is a bright double aspect room with exposed beams to walls and ceiling.
• The family bathroom is of excellent proportions and features a panelled bath with mixer taps and hand held shower attachment. There is a separate tiled and glazed walk in storm shower, wash basin in vanity unit, low level WC, heated towel rail, and a storage cupboard. Marble tiled floor and part tiled walls.
The house is approached via a tarmac driveway providing parking for numerous cars and access to the double garage which has electric up and over doors and a separate access from the rear.
The gardens are mainly laid to lawn and surround the house with a range of mature trees and shrubs and a useful wooden garden shed.
The workshop/garden store room is a detached timber building with a single door leading from the garden and double doors to the front where there is a further set of double gates with dropped kerb and a separate entrance leading onto the Ridgeway.
EPC Rating E. Council Tax Band G.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation