Fontridge Lane, Etchingham, East Sussex, TN19
- Beautiful countryside surroundings
- Spaciously planned interior
- Hard tennis court
- Wonderful Pool House and swimming pool
- Good ceiling heights
- Mainline station 2 miles (Etchingham)
- 4,471 square feet
An exceptionally fine Grade II Listed country house in a favoured peaceful rural location, together with a detached cottage, leisure complex comprising Party Room with adjacent swimming pool, hard tennis court and the most beautiful gardens and grounds in all about 5.5 acres. Etchingham mainline station is about 2 miles
An exceptionally fine Grade II Listed country house in a favoured peaceful rural location within a beautiful stretch of countryside.
The spaciously planned interior benefits from a sense of light with good ceiling heights and original features including brick and stone inglenook fireplaces, exposed wall and light oak ceiling timbers.
The elevations are brick, half tile hung beneath a tiled roof and there is oil-fired central heating and secondary double glazed windows.
The main features are:
• Lych-gate style porch with front door to the part galleried reception hall, wine cupboard, timber staircase to first floor. Cloakroom comprising wash basin, coat hanging space and separate WC.
• The wonderful southeast-facing drawing room has an inglenook fireplace with woodburner, and views over the garden.
• The impressive dining room has a fine stone fireplace, and is double aspect with views over the garden and pond.
• The sitting room has an inglenook fireplace, flagstone floor and glazed double doors to the west-facing rose garden, ideal for evening drinks in the summer.
• The farmhouse kitchen/breakfast room is double aspect, and well-fitted with double bowl stainless steel sink with waste disposal unit, extensive working surfaces with cupboards and drawers below, integrated dishwasher and fridge, central island unit, oil-fired four-oven Aga set in an inglenook-style fireplace, ceiling spotlights, pendant light in the breakfast area, walk-in larder, tiled floor, door to secondary staircase.
• The good sized utility room is well equipped with stainless steel sink unit, working surfaces with cupboards beneath, plumbing for washing machine, fitted shelving, boot rack and coat hanging, space for fridge freezer, broom cupboard.
• The boiler room houses the oil-fired central heating boiler. Gardeners cloakroom and door to the front drive.
• The first floor is approached via two staircases, the main oak staircase rising from the galleried hall to the landing.
• The principal bedroom suite includes an excellent bedroom with south-facing views over the garden, en suite bathroom with twin basins and cupboards beneath, corner bath, bidet and WC, leading through to the dressing room with a range of cupboards.
• There are two further double bedrooms, one of which has a fine stone fireplace, together with a family bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Shower room with basin and shower cubicle. Separate WC.
• The second floor is approached via an easy flight of stairs to a small landing and two further bedrooms with exposed timbers, one leading through to a large bathroom with bath, basin and WC.
Council Tax Band G
This is situated at a slight remove from the main house and comprises a detached dwelling with living room/kitchen, two bedrooms and bathroom.
Council Tax Band A
These form a useful range of traditional style single storey buildings extending to 1,400 sq ft of brick with weatherboarded elevations beneath a tiled roof. Currently, they provide open-fronted garaging for two cars, and a number of useful store rooms.
The Gardens and Grounds
Fishers Farm is approached over a meandering driveway through the beautiful garden and grounds, culminating in a large parking area in front of the house and outbuildings.
In common with the property as a whole, they have been the subject of much care and attention by the present owners over the last 30 years and feature extensive areas of level lawn, lily pond, rose garden, paved sitting out areas, large pond and a wonderful selection of specimen trees, shaped hedges and shrubs, all of which forms a private park-like setting.
In addition, there is an area of orchard with a wide selection of fruit trees and a greenhouse 399 x 199.
Adjacent to the rose garden is a further brick and tile workshop/garden store with access from a separate driveway.
The Leisure Complex
This is a special feature of Fishers Farm and comprises an excellent Party Room 623 x 149 which has windows overlooking and doors opening onto the sheltered wall-enclosed garden, which incorporates an excellent heated swimming pool set in a paved surround. The Party Rooom itself has exposed brick work and pine cladding to the walls and vaulted ceiling, timber and tiled floor, kitchenette with sink unit, cupboards and space for a fridge, fitted dishwasher. Shower room with shower cubicle, basin and WC and the pump room.
Nearby, on the other side of the drive, is the excellent fence-enclosed hard tennis court.
In addition, there are areas of grass paddock with gated access onto the lane and a woodland plantation.
In all about 5.5 acres.
Book a FREE Valuation
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we market properties on a local, regional and national scale, with offices in Battle, Haywards Heath, Pulborough and Tunbridge Wells.Book a FREE Valuation